Established in 2005 and based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Snap One is a manufacturer and exclusive source of A/V, security, control, networking, and remote management products for professional integrators. An industry leader in the pro-install channel, Snap One helps integrators build their businesses by providing a wide range of high-quality products, easily accessible through an intuitive website and backed by award-winning service and support. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, Snap One is the premier choice for professional installers across the globe. With 28 pro stores in the US, Snap One blends the benefits of ecommerce with the convenience of local stores. Additional information about Snap One and its products can be found at www.snapone.com.
Snap One has a fantastic opportunity for a creative, passionate, industrious, and technically strong Engineering Manager – Cloud Services and Experiences. In this position you will be responsible for Snap One’s Smart Cloud Software technical delivery of next generation cloud experiences to enhance our product offerings. This includes leading a team of highly trained software engineers focused on delivering cloud services and experiences for the home owner in automating their homes. This team will harness AWS and other Cloud Providers to deliver the solutions needed for products developed by the hardware and software teams. This role will require a high degree of competence around designing, building, and maintaining scalable, distributed, serverless well-architected solutions. The right approach will include harnessing embedded DevOps, automation testing, and Infrastructure as Code CI/CD pipelines. Success in this position will be the result of a tremendous self-drive that’s fueled by an obsession for the customer and business, insistence on high standards, and near-limitless bias for action.
In this role, you will identify and implement strategy and tactics that meet the robust needs of Snap One’s business and ultimately, our customers and partners. You will work with incredible people and products spanning engineering and throughout all other corporate domains. The right person for this position will be the key ingredient in strengthening Snap One’s Smart Cloud Software global capabilities and execution.
- Establish and maintain Smart Cloud Services and Experience programs covering Architecture Designs, Services via RESTful APIs, Operational Excellence DevOps, a Security Strategy working with the Cyber Security teams with Core Security Processes (Threat, Vulnerability, and Incident), Security Awareness, and Security Services Management
- Collaborate with staff and internal stakeholders to develop, implement, and continuously improve mechanisms that ensure we reach the intended goals of the corporate and products and services programs
- Personally lead cloud projects, initiatives, and programs within Product Development
- Align cloud efforts with the priorities and mission of the Product Development department
- Monitors progress against project schedules; recommends allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals; help in organizing the scrum teams
- Work across product technical teams to prioritize cloud features and bugs, and ensure implementation and mitigation
- Establish and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery of the cloud-related programs
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees
- Track the direct reports' performance and work with them on their personal improvement plan
- Create a collaborative-minded culture, and build training programs for technical and non-technical staff worldwide to continually grow their cloud platform knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ years working with cloud-enabled environments or closely related domain architectures, and policies, procedures and standards
- Technology management experience in a fast-paced environment leading / managing a team of developers
- Continual investment in cloud well-architected solutions education or certification
- Outstanding track record of increasing responsibility in cloud technologies and development
Control4 + SnapAV is officially Connected As One with a fresh new name, look, and feel. We’re excited for our new swag to “gear” us up for what’s ahead as Snap One! Established in 2005 and based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Snap One is a manufacturer and exclusive source of A/V, security, control, networking, and remote management products for professional integrators. An industry leader in the pro-install channel, Snap One helps integrators build their businesses by providing a wide range…Više o poslodavcu