We are seeking an experienced frontend developer to help us improve our main project (Xcalibra, the first Serbian cryptocurrency exchange platform) and the surrounding fleet of apps.
What you would be working on:
Xcalibra is a complicated application, with lots of real-time updates, compliance-mandated identity checks, whitelabel solutions and a whole lot more. The codebase is about 2 years old, it’s based on typescript, react, redux and styled components. Code quality is decent (it’s not a legacy mess), but we are looking for someone to help us improve things and combat some of the technical debt that has started to creep in.
We also have a homepage made with next.js & strapi, and several internal web apps, all based on react.
Depending on your experience, you would either take leadership or be closely involved with all future technical decisions regarding maintenance and/or refactoring of existing apps, and new greenfield projects as they come up.
You would be our ideal candidate if:
- You have at least 3 years of experience working on web apps. Ideally, you have participated both in creating ambitious greenfield SPA-s and maintaining them after release.
- You understand the importance of code quality. You know how to scrape every opportunity to keep the technical debt down, while still delivering features business needs.
- You have an eye for details and empathy towards the user. You notice when things are misaligned or just don’t “feel right”, and will not rest until you make everything nice and clean.
- You are proactive. Instead of sitting idly, you take on the tasks you are passionate about. You create new ones when you have an idea or notice something wrong. You are OK with a flat organizational structure.
- You are comfortable communicating in English, in written and verbal form.
Benefits of joining the team:
- Market rate salary and up, depending on the experience.
- Great hardware setup, based on your choice (Mac or PC).
- No outsourcing, no dealing with clients or salesmen - we work on our own products.
- Small multi-disciplinary team with low management overhead.
- Stimulating environment, quiet city center location, commodious space
- Ergonomic chairs, consideration for lumbago, pain relief program.
- Organized free lunch every day. Fridge full of snacks and drinks.
- Company sponsored trips to conferences and meetups.
- Bonuses based on achievements.
With your application, we encourage you to include your open source code profile (github, bitbucket...), personal website, stack overflow account, hacker rank link, a code sample or anything else that demonstrates your craftsmanship.
If we feel like you would be a good fit, our HR will contact you via email or telephone (your preference) and conduct a “get to know each other” talk.
Next, we will give you a homework assignment that you can reasonably complete within a few hours. The assignment will relate entirely to a fictional product, it will not be production work for us disguised as a test.
Finally, we will invite you to an in-person meeting (or Zoom call, depending on the state of COVID-19 crisis at the time), where we will officially get to know each other, have a technical interview about your test submission and discuss terms of contract. If it all works out, we will send you an offer shortly afterwards.
- Srbija, Beograd, Hadzi Prodanova