Join exciting our team and contribute to a series of exploration projects in the Balkans!
Reporting directly to the (Senior) Project Geologist, the Exploration Geologist is responsible for advancing the surface and subsurface geological understanding of our porphyry and epithermal projects in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia. This includes exploration data acquisition, management, and modelling as part of mapping, remote sensing, geophysical, and drilling campaigns including quality control and assessment.
To be successful we require a dedicated professional with strong work ethics, communication, and interpersonal skills; somebody who is able to build relationships within and outside of the Tera Balcanica team and with people of varying backgrounds. The ideal candidate would be someone who is self-motivated, adaptable, and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a geologist with outstanding decision-making, problem solving, and creative thinking abilities.
Join us at the breathtaking Balkan Peninsula where our operations spread across multiple jurisdictions. Here, you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips combined with the urban living that only Europe can offer. Working compressed workweeks with multiple off days, you will experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader by adhering to and fostering top industry safety and environmental standards at all times;
- Execute the geology work package under supervision of Senior Project Geologists junior and other Tera Balcanica/Drina Resources geology personnel, to meet the objectives according to the company’s delivery timeline;
- Guide and technically supervise teams of geotechnicians;
- Help prepare monthly technical reports for the senior geological staff by assembling maps, cross-sections, and integrating field quantitative data into easily digestible documents;
- Co-supervise exploration drilling and associated work, including supervising staff and contractors;
- Conduct lithological and structural mapping; coordinate transfer of information to the company GIS department;
- Undertake core logging and geological interpretation; coordinate data management and interpretation resulting from exploration drilling;
- Continuously update exploration geological models, either on the regular business unit planning cycle or for interim updates to support the project;
- A BSc in Earth or Geological sciences; advanced degrees such as MSc is desirable;
- Minimum five years of demonstrated geological expertise and proven ability to lead exploration projects;
- A registered EurGeol or someone working towards the accreditation;
- Knowledge of all aspects of project delivery, including PEA, PFS, FS, detail design, procurement, and outsourcing;
- Spoken and written proficiency of the English language is required while fluency or operational knowledge of Serbian will be considered a significant asset;
- A valid driver’s licence and a first aid certification;
- Moderate to expert level of manipulating GIS and resource modelling software packages.
At Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. and its Bosnian subsidiary Drina Resources Ltd., we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining our dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. is a junior Canadian exploration company focused on polymetallic Au-Ag-Pb-Zn-Cu projects located in Western Balkans. Terra’s flagship asset, controlled via a subsidiary Drina Resources, is the 200 km2 land package containing the Viogor-Zanik porphyry project centered upon the Oligo-Miocene Srebrenica igneous complex of eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina. The company also controls a portfolio of quality gold projects in the historic Serbian Raška district that includes the Ceovishte high-grade gold target and the underexplored Kaludra Pb-Zn-Ag-Au property. While advancing current projects by rapid geological characterization and drill testing, the company is also continuously (re)assessing regional M&A opportunities while maintaining a keen prospecting eye for greenfield targets. Our seasoned board and senior management team are committed to increasing shareholder value through the scientifically crafted discovery process, prudent allocation of capital, and environmentally responsible mineral exploration.
Tera Balkanika d.o.o. Beograd-Novi Beograd
Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. is a junior Canadian exploration company focused on polymetallic Au-Ag-Pb-Zn-Cu projects located in Western Balkans. Terra’s flagship asset, controlled via a subsidiary Drina Resources, is the 200 km2 land package containing the Viogor-Zanik porphyry project centered upon the Oligo-Miocene Srebrenica igneous complex of eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina. The company also controls a portfolio of quality gold projects in the historic Serbian Raška district that includes…Više o poslodavcu