PUBLIC CALL FOR:
ASSESMENT OF THE DEMAND FOR CAPACITY-BUILDING IN PUBLIC POLICY ANALYSIS IN SERBIA
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation is a development organisation that supports achieving human rights and upholding the attitude of self-determined development. Project PERFORM aims at strengthening the relevance of social science research with its contributions to reform processes in societies and policy making. PERFORM is a regional project, currently being implemented in Albania and Serbia.
One of PERFORM’s aims is the development of better linkages between social science research and policy making and increased use of research evidence in policy making. The aim of this consultancy is to inform PERFORM’s activities geared towards supporting the advancement of education and training programmes in public policy in Serbia.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop research framework and methodology for this assignment
- Conduct consultations (interviews/focus groups) with key stakeholders in the government, civil society and the donor community to estimate/assess the needs in terms of education and training in public policy analysis: Is such a course needed? In what format would it be best to be organised? Master’s degree course/Training/Certificate course, etc.
- Provide an overview of the existing education and training programmes in the field of public policy analysis in Serbia (desk analysis, interviews/focus groups/surveys with relevant stakeholders and institutions)
- Produce a research report (up to 5,000 words) based on consultations with relevant stakeholders and overview of existing training programmes in the field of public policy analysis in Serbia. Report should provide the summary of analysis, conclusion and recommendations in which direction should PERFORM focus its activities towards supporting the advancement of education and training programmes in public policy in Serbia
- MA (or equivalent) in Political Science, Public Management, Social Science, or related fields (PhD would be a plus)
- A minimum of 3 years of interdisciplinary work experience (preferably working in administration/or governmental sector, CSO - Civil Society Organisations, academic field or international organisations)
- Experience in conducting social science research (developing research methodology and design; conducting interviews, focus groups and surveys; data analysis, etc.)
Competencies and Skills:
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Language: Serbian (native), fluency in English both written and spoken is required
- Good research and writing skills
- Familiar with public administration, policy making process and evidence-based policy making
Consultant will be hired for the period of up to 20 working days, within the period of 8 weeks. Expected start of the work is 1 July 2016. Detailed time schedule, tasks and milestones shall be agreed upon between the Consultant and the Representative Office of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation in Serbia.
- The daily rate chargeable by the Consultant shall be mutually agreed between the Consultant and the Representative Office of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation in Serbia. The agreed rate shall cover all social costs and insurances necessary for the consultant to operate in accordance with relevant national legislation
- Travel and other local costs will not be covered for activities within the city of Belgrade
- Travel costs, per-diem and other relevant costs for execution of consultancy activities outside Belgrade or abroad will be compensated according to prior agreement and according to specification of the consultancy assignment
How to apply:
The application should include:
- Cover Letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position
- Detailed CV
- Recommendation letter and references to similar engagements in the past
- Financial offer for consultancy
Please submit your application in English.
The Consultant will be selected on the basis of an overall assessment of competences and relevant experience.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Closing date for applications: 24.06.2016. by 17.00h