The National Democratic Institute (NDI) office in Belgrade, Serbia seeks a candidate for a position of Finance and Administrative Assistant.
We are looking for:
Finance and Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Local position
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
- To provide assistance and report directly to the Finance and Administrative Director in all finance and administrative tasks.
- To provide support in coordinating and scheduling meetings, drafting correspondence letters and maintaining files and databases.
- Assist the FD, in administration and finance matters to ensure an effective management of the financial resources according to the NDI procedures.
- Ensure the compliance of administration, finance and policies and procedures
- Ensure payables are managed smoothly and efficiently in accordance with NDI procedures and with accuracy and completeness. Ensures that all payments are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documentations for payment.
- Monitor the tracking and distribution of team office supplies and equipment, including computers/laptops, and other electronic equipment for program participants.
- Bachelor's degree in business and administration, law.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in finance and administration,
- Previous experience with event planning and management, as well as basic expense and invoice management, as well as budget tracking is a plus.
- Exposure to online communication tools (working knowledge advantage) for organizing online conferences and events (e.g. Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc.).
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of organization, initiative, attention to details and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be creative and proactively identify procedures and policies to improve the overall efficiency and organization of established administrative and finance systems.
- Capacity to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster productive business relationships and effective interaction with staff and vendors.
- Ability to work both independently and as a constructive member of a team.
- Strong time-management and personal-management skills.
- Punctuality, self-discipline and a high sense of responsibility.
- Willingness to work under pressure and irregular working hours if needed.
- Desire to learn new skills, tools and methods in project management (design, planning, implementation and oversight).
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel (Google platforms and applications).
- Perform other duties as required
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
- Position is for 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
- Competitive salary for the position (commensurate with experience), subject to negotiation.
- Benefits will be regulated with the Employment Contract in compliance with the Republic of Serbia Labor Code.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
Interested applicants should submit CV and a motivation letter in English. Applications without CV and/or motivation letter will not be considered.
Applications review process
Step 1: Based on received CVs and motivation letters most suitable candidates will be selected for the second step of the review process.
Step 2: Selected applicants will undertake written English and Serbian languages translation tests along with close-ended and essay questions related to the program topics. Best applicants will be invited for the third step of the review process. All selected applicants will be informed about the outcome of the second step of the review process
Step 3: Selected applicants will be invited for the final interviews with NDI’s applicants review team. All selected applicants will be informed about the outcome of the third step of the review process.
Nacionalni Demokratski Institut
- Srbija, Beograd, Bokeljska 7/ II/2
- PIB: 103104265
- Matični broj: 06000029