We are currently looking to recruit Financial Analyst Indirect Taxes for our Shared Service Centre. This position will be based in our beautiful offices in New Belgrade.
The focus of this role is to establish and improve sales data analytics and processes for our airline retail business and the sales data related to it, and in particular the indirect tax elements. This being achieved by implementing continuous investigations and reviews/reconciliations of transactional data and the master data defining the compliant application of taxes, and also in close cooperation with other parts of the finance team.
It will be a key position to reduce the company risk exposure and will also provide the opportunity to build up a wide knowledge of indirect taxes/VAT for many jurisdictions. It will also require interaction with many parts of the organization and management to create an internal network in order to ensure robust processes.
The person will continuously carry out data quality controls and projects to improve the way compliance is maintained.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data analytics of retail sales
- Sales data reconciliations
- Systems master data for retail sales compliance maintenance and periodical reviews
- System functionality management
- Indirect tax/VAT quality controls
- Participate in projects such as new businesses for risk review
- Ad hoc analysis
- Liaison with external auditors regarding normal audits in general and potential tax audits in particular
- Identifying and implement ways to control correct indirect tax/VAT being applied.
- Identify and mitigate risks related to sales data
Ad hoc work
- Supporting other team members at high pressure/workload times
- Degree level in business, economics, accounting, finance, taxes and/or quantitative analysis, such as math or engineering.
- Must have had previous finance/accounting experience in commercial environment.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in analytical finance roles.
- European indirect taxes/VAT experience is an advantage
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Good SAP experience preferred
- Strong general systems knowledge/experience and interest
- Experience with working with foreign currencies
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA preferred
- European VAT knowledge an advantage
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand processes and systems
- High level of curiosity
- Comfortable and skilled at working with big sets of data
- Experience of working in large international organizations
- Other European languages is seen as a merit
Please note that candidates must have the right to live and work in Serbia. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Seniority Level: Associate
- Employment Type: Full-time
Gategroup is the global leader in airline catering, retail-on-board and hospitality products and services. We provide passengers with superior culinary and retail experiences, leveraging innovation and advanced technology solutions. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, gategroup deliver operational excellence through the most extensive catering network in the aviation industry, serving more than 700 million passengers annually from over 200 operating units in over 60 countries/territories across…Više o poslodavcu