Most people see a salmon.
You see the individual growth
opportunity in everyone.
Food Production Specialist (Šef smene u kuhinji), IKEA Food, IKEA Belgrade East Store
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
You are trained and/or experienced chef specialized in food production and quality, with solid food safety knowledge and skilled in food range presentation. Your interest and knowledge of food and guests’ needs is genuine and you take pride in the service and product you serve. You actively share your specialist knowledge with your colleagues, so to deliver best-in-class food offer to all customers. You are passionate about food and people, taking joy in serving customers in a high-volume, vibrant and fast-paced environment. You are curious and eager to learn more in order to grow both in business and personally. As an ambassador for IKEA Food, you always keep your guests in focus ensuring they have a great shopping experience at all times throughout the day.
About the job
You will contribute to attracting store visitors, offering an irresistible food range that appeals to the many people on the market. You will lead by example in relation to food safety, production, quality, efficiency and range presentation to ensure our guests enjoy a tasty meal every time they visit the IKEA store. You will strive hard to make people smile while providing delicious food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our guests a good reason to return again and again.
About the assignment
In this role, you will be a member of the Food team, reporting to the Kitchen Production Manager and you will:
- Contribute actively to a “safety first” culture;
- Produce food dishes at correct production levels to ensure freshness, maximize sales and minimize waste;
- Secure efficiency in operations ensuring routines and requirements are known by colleagues and followed in all daily work;
- Be passionate about the food range, learning actively about its content, origins, preparation and other benefits, as well as sharing your specialist competence with guests and colleagues;
- Train and coach co-workers in the IKEA food range, product sheets, food safety, production planning and food preparation;
- Ensure an attractive presentation and communication of our food product range, making sure all the products are available, in perfect condition and correctly priced at all times;
- Act quickly on commercial opportunities and customer feedback;
- Keep yourself fully aware of the stock situation within your area of responsibility and support sales steering towards supply;
- Maintain an overview of the IKEA Food action plans, contributing and supporting their implementation within your team.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Apply for the position on line by 18.05.2019. in English.