At Arbor, we’re on a mission to transform the way schools work for the better.
Our products are transforming the way schools use data to bring about positive change by empowering schools and teachers by reducing the amount of time spent on administrative tasks, and increasing time where it matters, with the students!
Innovation is embedded in Arbor's culture and we’re continuously looking at ways to innovate and expand our industry leading MIS (Management Information System) product with new features and functionality. We have multiple exciting projects in progress, including ongoing development of our Group MIS business intelligence and data visualisation tool, expanding our React Native mobile application, creation of dynamic seating plan functionality, and ongoing improvements to our front-end library.
A day in the life of an front end developer at Arbor:
- You’ll work closely with the product manager and UX designer to come up with the best solution to user stories
- Developing your unit tests with Jest and other testing libraries
- Contribute to the team’s shared documentation
- Pair programming with other members of your team and developers from other teams whenever it’s helpful!
Within 1 month, you’ll be getting to know your team and the Arbor story. Once your onboarding is complete you can expect to be contributing to the main frontend library for the MIS, converting legacy ExtJS components to React and own a story for release it into production
Within 3 months, you’ll be starting to take on more responsibilities and working more autonomously. You will be working towards creating a green-field React SPA for the Group MIS product, helping shape our continually-evolving coding standards and be an active participant in guild meetings
Within 6 months, you will have made strides with the Group MIS having contributed enhancements to our D3 charting library. Next up will be helping to maintain our React Native mobile app and now searching for potential improvements in areas you’ve touched.
By this time be pairing up with backend developers on a backend change and teaching them some frontend skills.
You have a love for web development and UX with an appetite for learning and personal development.
Bonus points if you have:
- Commercial experience with React, or a similar framework like Vue.js
- Feel comfortable writing unit tests, and it would be great if you’ve used both test-first and white-box approaches.
- Experience working in an agile environment and using tools such as Docker, Git and Github.
What we offer
Aside from the chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday.
- We believe in supporting your professional growth and provide team managers with a training budget to spend on courses for you and your team
- We promote positive well being and as part of this you’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program as well as being able to speak to trained mental health first aiders
- Frequent internal lunch and learns, opportunities to learn from colleagues, and dedicated time off to attend conferences or training
- We are all currently WFH due to covid and will continue to provide flexible work arrangements post covid
- We offer additional discretionary holidays, including half day Fridays during the school summer holidays
Arbor Education is an equal opportunities organisation
Our goal is for Arbor to be a workplace which represents, celebrates and supports people from all backgrounds, and which gives them the tools they need to thrive - whatever their ambitions may be.
We want to make sure we build the best products for our schools, and we passionately believe that starts with building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re actively working on this, and we’re always open to feedback. Let us know your thoughts!
If you need any adjustments to be made to support you through the recruitment process, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer a friend: Know someone else who would be good for this role? You can refer a friend, family member or colleague, if they are offered a role with Arbor, we will say thank you with a voucher valued up to £200! Simply email: email@example.com
Arbor Education Partners
Arbor Education Partners Schools collect thousands of data points each day, but often find it hard to use this data to target teaching and drive school improvement. Arbor was founded by an algorithmic trader and tech entrepreneur to provide next generation management information systems and big data analytics to intelligently analyse the information schools already collect. Arbor can then show management where resources need focusing, teachers which students need the most help, parents how to engage…Više o poslodavcu