Conversion Advocates is a CRO agency that helps online businesses grow using analytics, customer research, and scientific experimentation. And right now we’re also growing and we’re looking for another passionate programmer who loves working on unique, challenging, and diverse projects to join our growing team!
If you love UX and using your talents in front-end development skills within the e-commerce world, we want to hear from you. We are a remote team that works 9-5 EST. You’re free to live anywhere in the world that has a good wifi connection if you are comfortable with these working hours.
What you will do:
- Update existing landing and web pages with new features.
- Develop new optimization features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize the speed of the pages and websites (Shopify and WooCommerce)
- QA of the pages after implementing.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Technical Skills & Qualifications you need:
- Strong experience with custom WordPress theme development, including accommodating full user editability, complex layouts, and plugins that require theme customization – we don’t work with prebuilt themes, so it is important to have the ability to create complex setups from scratch
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout, wireframes & designs into working pages
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Experience with Shopify a big plus
- Good speaking and writing English skills
TEAMWORK. As a developer, you will work with Designers, Copywriters, and Strategists. You will be responsible for bridging the gap between graphical design, strategy, and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the experiment looks as well as how it works to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. We are looking for someone reliable and willing to help as well as someone who will be proactive and ask for help when needed.
USER-DATA-DRIVEN As a CRO agency, we based all our decisions on data. We trust numbers and we deeply think about our user experience. If you are curious about user-behavior and driven by conversions, you are the right fit.
ENTREPRENEUR We are looking for a problem solver. When implementing new experiment concepts with our clients, you will be asked to research new tools and options to make them possible to test. We believe that self-improvement is the key to success and we will support you in any kind of training that stimulates you and helps you in your work.
PROCESS-DRIVEN You won't have someone watching over your shoulder on a day-to-day basis to make sure the work is getting done. We are strong believers in trust and autonomy but we must be confident that you will deliver the work in time even if you have a poor internet connection on your favorite beach spot or if your beer has spilled on your laptop when reaching out for your nachos.
INITIATIVE Are you independent and proactive in your work? When you see that something is wrong, do you take action without being instructed? Our team puts great care and attention in the work we do. When we see an opportunity to solve a problem or improve a process, we take initiative without being told what to do. We hope you will too.
What is the lifestyle like?
Our company is built on the foundation of giving you flexibility in your lifestyle.
We’re not looking to put you in an office and waste your time in traffic. Our entire team is remote so, apart from calls, and meeting us in person every now and then, you’re free to live anywhere in the world that has a good wifi connection. However, we should be able to have some overlap in the working hours. We typically work 9-5 EST.
Before you apply...
If you're looking for a temporary opportunity or gap-year to fund your travels before committing for a more serious job, then you should not apply for this position.
We’re looking for people who share our vision for the future and want to grow with us. We want you to be part of our TEAM.
If we think you’re a good fit, we will reach out to you with a Technical task. After the tasks are done, the final candidates will be brought back for an interview before we make our decision.
This sounds awesome! How do I apply?
Please submit samples of your work on E-Commerce projects with your CV in English.
Also, let us know where you are located and what your salary expectation is.
Looking forward to working with you!
- Kanada, Inostranstvo, Montréal 66023