We are a growing global company that creates meaningful solutions and technology products to enable students and learners of any age to forge their path to success by eliminating barriers and inspiring them to achieve their education and career goals.
Our company values a culture of openness, community, and a sense of ownership. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of highly-talented people working across various disciplines to design and deliver solutions that have a real impact on people’s lives.
We offer competitive salaries and state-of-the-art computer hardware and software. We value work-life balance and offer flexible work schedules.
Education and growth are at the core of the products we build, and as a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to explore and learn new technologies. For qualified candidates, we provide full support for learning all technologies in our stack that you are not already familiar with.
About the Role:
For this role, we are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who is passionate about building and scaling high-traffic, high-availability web applications. An ideal candidate will care about producing clean, maintainable, well-tested code and will do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with solutions to balance performance, cost, and quality. We are looking for someone with experience in writing code for a 24x7 commercial service.
Our stack includes: Ruby on Rails, Ember, Redis, and PostgreSQL. Our production deployments are on AWS. A qualified candidate will be supported in learning any technology in our stack that you are not already familiar with.
• Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications using Ruby on Rails, supporting sites that are visited by millions daily.
• Build APIs to support mobile apps, web UIs, webhooks, and data ingestion applications
• Develop, create, and ship new functionality to enhance user experience and engagement
• Work with Product, UX Engineering, Data Engineering, and QA teams, helping the group respond quickly and effectively to business needs and build quality software.
• Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or at least 2 years of practical experience
• Experience with Ember a plus
• Familiarity with, or strong interest in learning, our core technologies like Ruby on Rails, Ember, PostgreSQL, and Redis
• Comfortable diving into and learning to effectively build and operate in every part of our stack
• Availability to overlap to U.S. time zones as needed