We are looking for highly motivated employees to join GIS team for the position of GIS Solution Architect
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose? An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
We are looking for GIS Solution Architect to make an impact!
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that champions the development of all its people. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric is seeking innovative and highly-skilled, personable professionals who are passionate about GIS technology. They possess strong facilitation skills and the ability to translate and convey difficult concepts to groups with varied skill sets. This role is predominately outward-focused, including direct interaction with our client and partner communities, often as the face of Schneider Electric. The responsibilities of the Professional Services GIS Consultant are to ensure that for our Professional Services projects the Schneider Electric suite of software and solutions are designed, developed, and deployed efficiently and consistently minimizing cost and risk. The deployed solution must meet the end-user business requirements.
GIS Consultants form a tight-knit team of talented individuals housed within the larger functional division of Professional Services; the arm of our company responsible for configuring, customizing, and implementing Schneider Electric GIS technology for clients around the world. Intra and inter-team collaboration and coordination are key components of this position.
- Technical leadership responsibility for one or more concurrent projects that require custom software design and deployment. For each project to which he/she is assigned, the Solution Architect should have a full understanding of implementation requirements and how multiple pieces of the implementation will fit together
- Work with Project Managers to define the best technical approach to meet customer business requirements using one or more Schneider offerings
- Lead project requirements gathering workshops and develop resulting documentation
- Lead the design and documentation of proposed customer solutions based on defined requirements
- Work directly with other groups within the organization to develop and validate proposed solutions and designs
- Lead solution design review sessions and obtain design approval from customers
- Leadership responsibilities include providing technical guidance to other members of the department
- Prepare project analysis, design, functional and interface specification documentation
- Perform system, database, application, and network capacity planning for clients
The ideal candidate for this position should have following key skills/experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or geography (or related field with computer emphasis)
- The Solution Architect will have clear knowledge and experience designing and implementing solutions for one or more utility domains
- Technical experience in implementation of utility engineering software solutions such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Knowledge and experience with a strong compliment of the following: Windows Operating Systems, SQL, Networking, Diagnostic and Troubleshooting experience
- Proven capability in Software and System Development, System Integration, Documentation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and Service Processes
- Experience with GIS solutions (ArcGIS, ArcFM, Smallword, Geodatabases, etc.) is highly desirable
- Experience integrating enterprise applications e.g. SAP, PeopleSoft, WMS, OMS, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman) is highly desirable
- Experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server preferred
- Experience working with electric, gas, water or wastewater utility companies
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally about 50% of the time
- Passion for learning and continuous improvements
Benefits we offer:
- Working in a pleasant environment and being a part of highly talented, professional, and friendly team
- On-site and off-site cooperation with engineering experts in electric, water and gas utilities
- Private health insurance & life insurance
- Flexible working hours and work from home mode
- 24-30 days of annual leave
- Financial, legal, and psychological assistance program
- Restaurant inside our Hub
- Gym & sports activities
- Family policy – Parental leave & Care leave
- Opportunity to buy Schneider Electric shares per discounted price (WSOP program)
- Opportunity for additional certification
- Having a chance to be mentored by any worldwide expert inside Schneider Electric
- Recognition culture through our own StepUp platform & bonus system
- Building a technical and/or consulting career path in the #1 world sustainable multinational company
Let us learn about you! Apply today, and we will contact candidates based on the best matches. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our team!
Schneider Electric DMS NS
Schneider Electric DMS NS je softverska IT kompanija za istraživanje, razvoj i inženjering u oblasti upravljanja elektroenergetskim sistemima.Glavni proizvod, DMS softver, obuhvata razne analitičke funkcije za proračun i optimizaciju rada elektrodistributivnih kompanija. Takođe obezbeđuje alate potrebne za efikasno praćenje, upravljanje, dizajn i optimizaciju distributivnih sistema.Ovaj paket je najnapredniji softverski sistem na svetu (potvrđeno od strane vodećih konsultantskih kuća u SAD-u)…Više o poslodavcu