Global Sourcing Engineer
AMETEK Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2015 sales of $5 billion. AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues around the world.
When you join AMETEK, you are part of exciting growing team focused to deliver according to the Corporate Growth Plan which is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly-differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
Job Role Summary
To work with all AMETEK businesses to identify suitable suppliers, and help them source products and services in Eastern Europe. Provide Sourcing support for all AMETEK businesses in the region for supplier knowledge, from an engineering, quality and commercial perspective.
Job Role - Detail
- Working under the guidance of the Senior Global Sourcing Engineer, develop and maintain strong knowledge of the supply market in EEC region; to allow ‘Matchmaking’ of suppliers to AMETEK business requirement based on engineering, quality, commercial and operational requirements.
- Review all enquiry packages from AMETEK companies for completeness, and ensure the best possible suppliers are involved for each enquiry.
- Under guidance of the Senior Global Sourcing Engineer, follow up on all enquiry and transfer projects until realization of saving incl. benchmark of competitiveness and hit rate of inquiry vs actual order
- Research and investigation of market strengths in Eastern Europe, including supplier capabilities and capacity for AMETEK needs and business. Maintain database of capabilities and suitability.
- Prepare briefing documents and presentations to share with AMETEK businesses to educate them on supplier capabilities, strengths, and market conditions
- Facilitating AMETEK business site visits in Eastern Europe where required.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Global Sourcing Engineer, support site audits, NPI assessments (under AMETEK business guidance), sign off, etc.
- Work closely with the Senior Global Sourcing Engineer to help select, develop and maintain right supplier portfolio for AMETEK
- Maintain and develop a related Supplier database to support the Global initiatives in the Eastern European area
- Travel 20%+ within Eastern Europe and occasionally to Western Europe to visit Suppliers and AMETEK
Strengths & Attributes
- Positive outlook
- Problem solver
- Strategic vision for AMETEK
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Open minded
- Ambitious for self-development
- 2 years in Purchasing/Supply Chain/Engineering/Quality role (Strongly Preferred)
- Experience in a purchasing or sourcing for production parts - buyer, sourcing engineer, supplier quality engineer, supplier development engineer (Strongly Preferred)
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation (Strongly Preferred)
- Electronics & Wire and Cable Harness
- Machined Parts, Sheet Metal
- Good negotiation skills and business acumen (Preferred)
- English language (Essential)
- Other European language (Preferred)
- Ability to travel in EU for business trips
- Degree educated (Preferred)
- Engineering or Economic/Commercial qualification an advantage
- Business related qualification an advantage
Deadline for applications: 21.02.2020.