- Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
- Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
- Role based in Loznica, Serbia
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a HSEC Advisor, based in Loznica, who will be providing HSE data administration and support to field activities including study work, to the RTM Serbia.
The role is responsible to support administrating HSE related training for project team.
The role has focus on data administration but also a technical, project management, and operational focus as it requires thorough knowledge and understanding of corporate standards and national legislation but also considerable and delicate management and behaviour skills required for the implementation of best HSE practices in sustainable and economically efficient way.
The role is required to address various issues of HSE aspects (‘HSE’ includes, but not limited to Serbian HSE legal requirements plus Rio Tinto standards – Health, Safety, Environment, HSEQ Management System) for the advancement of the Jadar lithium-borate project through Feasibility phase and into development. The principal function is to maintain an effective HSE systems within Serbia by managing HSE and other relevant data (documents and records), but also to provide support in field activities including contractor management.
Reporting to the HSE Superintendent, you will be responsible:
- To maintain and build HSE capacity within the Jadar team.
- To collaborate with other Jadar team members and to help build their health and safety capacity.
- To collaborate with national and local authorities and government bodies authorized for health and safety and environment.
- To engage and work with contractors and consultants on the advancement of the Jadar Project.
- To ensure strict compliance with Rio Tinto corporate standards and national and local regulations in all aspects of work.
- To promote culture and values Rio Tinto stands for, as outlined in The Way We Work, Rio Tinto’s statement of business practice.
What you’ll bring
- Safety mindset
- Graduate Occupational Health/Safety Sciences, Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Mining and geology sciences or equivalent
- Occupational health and safety (‘Lice za bezbednost’ licenca), first aid and firefighting certification, as required by Serbian law. Other Serbian licenses (‘Koordinator za BZR’, ADR, radiation safety, chemical management – MSDS,etc) preferable as well.
- Experience in Contractor Management
- Experience in Risk Management Processes
- Experience in an industrial/mining setting
- Experience in Incident management and investigation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Serbian and English
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Where you will be working
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium-borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. Jadar is a unique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia. It contains Jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicate mineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where this mineral can be found. Jadar has been ranked as one of the largest lithium deposits in the world with a potential to supply a significant amount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid. If developed, Jadar will be a modern underground mine with efficient processing and shipping facilities.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23