Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is a global provider of engineering, construction, and project management services with a reputation for excellence and innovative project delivery.
An opportunity exists within the Bechtel project team to work closely with our customer on the Jadar Project. Jadar will be one of the largest greenfield projects ever built in Serbia, and the first delivered by M&M in the country. It will produce approximately 10 percent of the world’s lithium with 56,000 tpa of lithium carbonate, as well as boric acid (286,000 tpa) and sodium sulphate (252,000 tpa).
The Jadar Project consists of the world’s largest deposit (136 Mt) of the newly discovered mineral Jadarite (pronounced “yadarite”). The complex project is located near Loznica, approximately 140 km from Serbia’s capital Belgrade. Jadar includes an underground mine accessed by two vertical shafts, a processing plant, an industrial waste facility and associated infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- The Training Coordinator (HSEC) facilitates the verification, reinforcement or upskilling of project team members in the competency, knowledge or skill level required for them to control the level of risk associated with their work tasks.
- Conducts a training needs analysis to identify the HSEC skills and knowledge required for all levels
- Develops criteria to verify competencies of high-risk work
- Develops and presents a tiered orientation program to meet the needs of the project
- Maintains HSEC training records
- Openly communicates with the Project HSEC Manager on HSEC training needs
- Evolves and adapts the HSEC program through the project stages
- Develops and maintains a plan of training sessions aligned with the project schedule and risk factors
- Evaluates training materials and resources in line with industry practices and regulatory requirements
- Maintains a working relationship with field leaders and other HSEC team members
- Participates in HSEC meetings to identify and report on training requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional skill set to deliver quality outputs of an HSEC training program
- Attributes that openly display HSEC as a personal value
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines, targets and objectives
- Experience in adult learning techniques
- 3 to 5 years of training experience in the industrial construction or heavy engineering industry
- 2+ years of experience directly supervising a team of 3 to 4 professionals
- Certificate issued by a recognized organization for the skill sets of developing and delivering training and assessing competence in a workplace
- Certified Safety Officer / Coordinator Under Serbian Ministry of Labor with extensive knowledge in Serbian legalisation and dealing with local authorities including conducting health and safety training, visitor inductions and complete the act of risk assessment (Obrazac 6)
- Certified to conduct fire protection training in accordance with Serbian legislation
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.