The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
Belgrade Shared Services Center (BSSC) was founded in April 2015 with the aim to provide global support and services to the stakeholders in the HQ and field. Its role consists of delivering various ICRC corporate services worldwide. Today, by expanding the service units, the Center counts more than 200 employees, equipped with a fully-fledged administrative and support structure, keeping the trend of growth, both in terms of the employees count and services provided.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable resident candidate to fill the following position:
Head of Belgrade Shared Services Centre
The Head of the Belgrade Shared Services Centre runs the centre on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the workplace functions efficiently and effectively, introduces innovation and process efficiencies. S/he supports the delocalized HQ units hosted in BSSC and manages the BSSC support department (administration, IT workplace, logistics, finance and human resources) functions. S/he reports directly to HQ office in Geneva.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who implements a clear strategy for the BSSC according to the goals and objectives of the organization. S/he will provide leadership for the SSC operations and promote a stimulating working environment including performance and development, general staff engagement and wellbeing as well as conforming to organization culture and values.
- Manages support departments of BSSC structure (finance, HR, IT, logistics, infrastructure etc.) in line with local regulations and ICRC policies;
- Ensures consistent processes and policies for the support services
- Analyses current situation and develops innovative approaches intending to improve the services provided and to optimize resources
- Strongly contributes to development and implementation of the Global Shared Services strategy
- Works closely with the ICRC HQ stakeholders based in Geneva to prepare and implement the offshoring of tasks and oversee the creation of service roadmaps including change management
- Coordinates closely with Belgrade based ICRC operational Delegation on common issues
- Oversees the whole BSSC budget and its implementation, proposing corrective measures and raising awareness on issues when applicable
- Develops and implements the BSSC business continuity plan
- As a member of the extended leadership team of the HQ Department of Financial Resources and Logistics, contributes to its vision, strategy and projects, bringing in the shared services’ perspective
- Dedicated to the well-being and engagement of BSSC employees, cultivates a diverse and inclusive working environment
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Very strong and proven leadership skills will be the main key to a successful application
- University degree, preferably in business and/or management
- At least 15 years professional experience ideally in international and multicultural organizations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leadership roles in mid-sized to large structure
- Minimum 5 years of experience in people management
- Proven experience in managing support departments (finance, HR, IT, logistics, infrastructure etc.) in line with local regulations and internal policies
- Proven experience in project and change management
- Ability to organize, drive change in a dynamic environment and to manage risk
- Effective and clear communicator with a fluent command of English
- Strong work ethics and accountability
- Knowledge of local legal requirements related to finance, administration and HR management
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications
- Readiness to travel occasionally, to Geneva Headquarters, to the field and to the Philippines, where another important shared centre is based
- Relevant working experience in shared service centre
- ICRC working experience in leadership roles or in finance, administration and/or HR management
- Fluent command of French
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter, exclusively in English.
Non-resident candidates are welcome to apply, provided they own a personal work permit and speak fluently the Serbian language.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Medjunarodni komitet Crvenog krsta
- Srbija, Beograd, Vladimira Popovica 38
- PIB: 102474882
- Matični broj: 17744968