The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial, and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The ICRC ICT division is responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting ICT solutions for more than 20'000 of its employees worldwide.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center (BSSC) is created to provide a 24x7 ICT support service to the ICRC worldwide operations and is currently looking for suitable candidates to fill the following position:
ICT L2 System Administrator (Linux)
- Ensures the ongoing management and smooth operations of the ICRC ICT infrastructure
- Maintains and resolves issues related to different systems hosting the solutions used by the user community and participates in production move
- Ensures service quality, productivity, and security, while respecting operating methods defined within the ICT
- Provides support to other IT teams, as well as to end-users as needed
- Occasional monitoring and maintenance tasks during the night shift (up to 8 nights per year)
- Information Technology Engineer degree (or equivalent) with 5 years of professional experience in the IT field (minimum of 3 years of system administration)
- Good knowledge and proven work experience within Linux-based environments
- Affinity for teamwork and strong collaborative attitude
- End-user service oriented, well-organized, open-minded, and adaptable
- Excellent knowledge of English language (written and spoken)
- Motivated by the humanitarian work
- Experience with Red Hat-based systems
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Knowledge of Red Hat Satellite
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity for progressive professional development in a modern ICT environment using modern technologies: Red Hat, containers, and container orchestration with OpenShift, public (Azure) and private (VMWare) cloud, Ansible and AWX, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations, Azure DevOps, Terraform, etc.
- Gradual ramp-up and further specialization for specific technologies
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Medjunarodni komitet Crvenog krsta
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial, and independent humanitarian organization that works worldwide to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC’s mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org. The ICRC has been working in this part of Europe since the early 1990s. The organization strives to respond to the needs remaining from armed conflicts in the region. In particular, it seeks to…Više o poslodavcu