Java Sustaining Developer
Endava is a public technology company, with over 17 years of experience of working with some of the world’s leading Finance, Insurance, Telecommunications, Media, Technology, and Retail companies. Through the Digital Evolution, Agile Transformation and Automation solutions, Endava helps its clients be more engaging, responsive and efficient by supporting them from ideation to production.
Endava has 5500 employees located in offices in North America and Western Europe and delivery centres in Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Colombia.
Along with investing in long-term customer relationships, Endava recognised the importance of providing rewarding and challenging careers for people and, by doing so, has established itself as the employer of choice in certain regions.
Consider a new opportunity
Java sustaining developer will work on maintaining the codebase of highly scalable web applications used by thousands of customers around the globe. Part of the job will be on-call availability outside normal working hours in case a production incident happens. On-call assumes 24/7 in a rotation with other team members.
Day to day activities will include development, debugging, advanced triage, troubleshooting, suggesting and implementing solutions, communication and collaboration with product teams and with L1 & L2 support teams.
Match your profile
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, as well as “on-call” shift duty
- Experience with complex problem resolution where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of varied factors
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Very good knowledge of Java SE
- Strong understanding of OOP principles, design patterns, algorithms, data structures and engineering practices
- Experience with server-side Java web development
- Understanding of Web protocols and related technologies
- Solid experience with at least one source code versioning system
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
The following skills would be a plus
- Experience with Java 8+ and Spring
- Solid understanding of complete product development cycle
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Competitive compensation package with special bonus for On-call
- Flexible working hours
- Employee stock options
- Private health insurance
- Company sponsored trainings, domestic and international conferences, workshops and education
- Modern casual working environment to help you be productive and have fun playing pool, table tennis and foosball
- Team buildings and paid slots for volleyball, football and basketball
- Fruits and refreshments
If you are interested in this position and you have the required qualifications, please send your CV via email to email@example.com. Please note that due to large number of applications we receive, we will only contact those candidates that are selected for an interview. Thank you.
Deadline for applications: 17.01.2020.