The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The global communication team’s vision is a communication analytics service-based model with a data team based in Belgrade that ‘plugs in’ external tools, data sources and services that are state-of-the-art, built and maintained by experts in their fields. This means taking advantage of continuous industry developments in audience profiling, communication performance, social and market research, data analytics and visualization technologies with more efficient costing and flexibility.
The Business Intelligence Analyst/Data Engineer supports and monitors data management processes within the communications métier to enable evidence-based decisions and improvements in the area of data entry, quality, support and analytics. They are responsible for drawing from a wide range of reports, dashboards and data sources to create data visualizations, written narratives and other presentations that interpret the data sources and, by adding context and relational information.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Junior Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Engineer
Functional Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Applies best practices, standards, guidelines and templates for data management and analytics, works on continuous improvement and develops technical solutions to improve access to data and data usage
- Ensures compliance with established internal and external needs and regulations, particularly with respect to ICRC cloud strategy; understands data needs and advises ICRC on technological resources
- Keeps Data Management documentation updated (e.g. data catalogs, codes, etc.), as well as coaches Data & Analytics Officers in new activities (upon request)
- Assists in improving, developing & applying data quality monitoring processes & tools (dashboards, etc.) and contributes where appropriate in DQ controls automation
- Monitors data quality controls, consolidates, cleans, implements corrective actions as well as analyzes DQ checks trends and reports findings to relevant stakeholders
- Monitors data cloud-based data collection and maintains data collection pipelines (ETL, Microsoft Azure, SQL)
- Identifies, designs, and implements internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Collects data using web scrapers, as well as performs root cause analysis on internal and external data; processes to answer specific business questions and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Assists communication colleagues in reflecting on their performance measures, improvements in the functional area of expertise and provides ongoing support with data and analysis
- Ensures the coherence of data with related reports, particularly for institutional reporting; finds hidden patterns using data; uses data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Aggregates and analyzes various data sets to provide actionable insight; as well as develops analyses, reports and dashboards
- Ensures continuity and smooth transition of data entered into various system applications
- Contributes to the development of the data model and usage of the referential data that support analysis
- Contributes to the definition of the overall testing strategy for the Information Systems, as well as executes testing of data, reporting and analytical reports
- University degree or equivalent in business, economics, data science or management
- Typically, 3-5 years’ overall professional experience, with 3 years’ experience in market research, social network analysis or business intelligence role or comparable experience
- Knowledge of BI, ETL, cloud-based processing and storage, basic working knowledge of programming languages (R, Python, etc.), SQL, statistical packages, Tableau
- Ability to interact effectively with data users, managers and other stakeholders, as well as to understand new business processes and their interplay with software and organizational structure
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc., as well as relational databases
- Excellent command of English
- Knowledge of French is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Medjunarodni komitet Crvenog krsta
- Srbija, Beograd, Vladimira Popovica 38
- PIB: 102474882
- Matični broj: 17744968