The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The ICRC ICT division is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting ICT solutions for more than 13'000 of its employees worldwide. The Belgrade Shared Services Center (BSSC) is created to provide a 24x7 ICT support service to the ICRC worldwide operations.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
L2 Support System/Unified Communication Administrator
- Ensures the ongoing management and smooth operations of the ICRC IT infrastructure
- Maintains and resolves issues related to the different systems hosting the solutions used by the user community and participates in production move
- Ensures service quality, productivity and security, while respecting operating methods defined within the ICT
- Provides the end-user support and resolves end-user problems escalated from L1 team
- Readiness to work in shifts (approximately one week of night shifts per 4-month cycle)
REQUIRED BASE PROFILE
- Information Technology Engineer degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the IT field, with minimum 3 years of System administration with focus on communication technologies
- Good knowledge of Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams technologies
- Experience with VoIP integration services and hardware (preferably AudioCodes)
- Previous experience with managing PBX solutions and related protocols (SIP, GSM, ISDN) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure based on Windows Server 2012 or newer, Active Directory management and Microsoft based infrastructure management tools (SCOM, SCCM)
- MCSA, MCSE (or equivalent) is a plus
- ITIL (or equivalent experience) is a plus
- Good knowledge and proven experience with Windows 10 platform
- Good understanding of network management and security aspects
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
- Affinity for teamwork and strong collaborative attitude
- End-user service oriented, well-organized, open-minded and adaptable
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting ICT environment using the latest technologies
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a Motivation letter in English.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 04.04.2020.