We are looking for a:
Land Acquisition Field Coordinator
A company with a world-class reputation for safety and performance.
Foster a collaborative team environment built on strong work ethics.
Excellent opportunity to develop your career and further develop your technical expertise – based in Loznica, Serbia.
About the role:
Under the direct responsibility of the Land Acquisition Manager, you will be responsible for effective delivery of land acquisition. This will require direct engagement with land owners and regular collaboration with colleagues including: the Communities Superintendent; Livelihood Restoration Coordinator (Loznica); Community & Environment Manager and the LA Project Coordinator (Belgrade).
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing and leading land acquisition and resettlement activities in Loznica / Core Project Footprint (CPF) Jadar project including the development and implementation of one or more Resettlement Action Plans (RAP), consistent with the Livelihood Restoration Plans (LRP)
- Managing and leading the team and colleagues assisting the land acquisition programme from other teams
- This includes (not exhaustive): land formalization / legalization process, socio-economic surveys, assets and valuation surveys, offers (producing, submitting, and signing) and payment process etc.
- Engaging relevant Project departments, at field level – within Loznica’s municipality -, and staff in the successful development and implementation of plans to address permanent land acquisition, compensation and resettlement issues
- Engaging with relevant Local authorities and departments in approving the Guide for Land Acquisition and Compensation(GLAC) and action plans
- In collaboration with the relevant departments - Environmental, Survey, Community, etc -, keep track of land use issues and provide weekly activities reports highlighting any changes and/or needed interventions
- Managing the data needed to ensure that any of the Project’s induced economic and physical resettlement is compliant with international standards
- Assisting in ensuring the quality control of the land acquisition process and activities, more specifically in the use and control of the Information Management System (IMS)
- Any other activities relevant to LA successful implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Five years of experience in land acquisition, strongly desired, and/or development area (social, surveys, etc.)
- Familiar with Serbian and International standards (IFC PS1/PS5)
- Computer proficiency including using Information Management System
- Strong work ethic and commitment to implementation and execution
- Concise writing and public speaking/presentation skills are desirable for reporting to senior management
- Communication skills
- Leadership to successfully manage a team
- Negotiation in challenging environment
- Prioritization of tasks
- History if tangible achievements in any field
- Ability to anticipate possible obstacles and propose favourable solutions
About the Jadar Project
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium-borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. Jadar is a unique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia. It contains Jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicate mineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where this mineral can be found. Jadar has been ranked as one of the largest lithium deposits in the world with a potential to supply a significant amount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid. If developed, Jadar will be a modern underground mine with efficient processing and shipping facilities.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”
Deadline for applications: 30.01.2020.
Znate li nekog ko bi bio odličan za ovaj posao?
Prosledite mu oglas!