We are hiring a:
Work from home
If you are a landscape architect or an architect with or without previous work experience you might be just the right fit for us! We hope you are as passionate about creating unique landscape designs as we are, have experience using Sketchup, Lumion and AutoCAD software, have a basic knowledge in placing and grouping plants, and are proficient in written and spoken English we are expecting your CV and portfolio or work sample!
Thorough knowledge of California and Texas flora will not be mandatory at the beginning, however, basic knowledge of Mediterranean species (Such as Olea europea, Bougainvillea sp, Artemisia tridentata, Agave, Aloe, different types of Sage, Rosemary, Lavender) would come in handy. Please read through the work description given below, and let us know if you have any questions!
At Yardzen, we have a simple promise: to help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online. Then to match them with the right building professionals to bring their design to life.
Since our launch in 2018 we’ve helped households across the U.S. achieve their dream yards, make environmentally-responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces. We’ve been written about by the New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, the Wall Street Journal and Forbes Magazine.
We’re seeking talented landscape designers and landscape architects to join our remote designer community.
As a landscape designer for Yardzen, you will develop beautiful, buildable landscape designs that achieve the wishes of our clients. Our designs must pay close attention to client budget and requests, while also meeting very high standards for landscape design and graphical representation. Our goal is for every Yardzen design to get built!
As a landscape designer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Reviewing all the material a client shares about the landscape design they want.
- Developing a design that expertly meets the clients hopes and requirements, staying on budget and making sure the design is buildable.
- Producing 3D renders using Sketchup and Lumion (9 or 10 required)
- Producing 2D AutoCAD plans using the Yardzen AutoCAD template
- Responding to feedback and change requests from the client and Yardzen project managers.
- Meeting all agreed upon deadlines for design completion.
- Attending designer instruction sessions and reviewing materials + information shared by Yardzen to its designer community.
- You are a strong landscape designer with knowledge and experience related to plants and landscape design.
- You are passionate about landscape design, the environment and spending time outdoors
- You can efficiently and creatively create beautiful 3D renders and 2D AutoCAD drawings.
- You’re highly organized and excellent at meeting deadlines on time.
- You are fluent with and have access to Lumion (version 9 or 10 preferred), Sketchup and AutoCAD.
- You are comfortable communicating in English (written and verbal), and can work effectively referencing videos with spoken English.
- You are comfortable multi-tasking, self-sufficient at problem-solving, and capable of managing a diverse and often shifting set of responsibilities.
- You are a good communicator and comfortable receiving feedback from project managers.
Sound good? Let’s talk. We’re growing quickly and would love to have you join our community of designers. We can't wait to hear from you.
Deadline for applications: 26.03.2020.