Legal and compliance officer
(Location: New Belgrade / Vinča)
The VWVO (Veolia Waste Vinca Operator d.o.o.) Legal and Compliance Officer manages and supervises all legal and compliance activities in the company. In particular he/she ensures the implementation of Veolia Compliance principles and the compliance with the law, the O&M Contract, the permits and consents. He/She provides legal support and advice as necessary in all VWVO activities and reports to VWWO CFO.
Compliance and Ethics:
- Ensuring VWVO strictly adheres to Veolia Group Compliance policy in all compliance and ethical aspects.
- Preparation and updating of VWVO internal policies in line with Group policy.
- Ensuring Compliance reporting in line with our Group, Business Unit (BU) and VWVO requirements.
- Proposes and implements necessary communications, trainings or supports for VWVO teams related to Compliance.
- Ensuring the legal conditions for the operation of the Company, preparing the documents, applications, notifications and initiating the procedures required by the provisions relating to the operation of the organization of VWVO;
- Contributing to the lawful operation of the organization, of the Company monitoring compliance with the law in the preparation of management decisions, providing legal advice, guidance and clarification to the managers and administrators of the departments.
- Contributing to the preparation of contracts, agreements and/or purchase orders; providing legal opinions and reviewing contracts;
- Preparation and transmission of the resolutions relating to the operation of the Company;
- Legal Monitoring: monitoring and anticipating changes in law environmental and waste management legal frames.
- Contract management: implementing and updating the follow up of VWVO contractual obligations under the O&M Contract. Identifying contractual risks and proposing mitigation measures.
- The preparation of the legal and compliance information, reports and data to be provided by VWVO to its parent companies. Coordinating and processing legal and compliance information and data requested by the Company from Veolia;
- Providing legal and contractual advice to the management and staff of VWVO.
And as necessary:
- Preparation, organization and conducting of the meetings and written voting related to the operation of the management and decision-making bodies of the Company (general meeting, Members' meeting), interpretation of legislation, qualification of legal relations, interpretation of individual decisions of specific authorities, advice;
- Contribute to the recovery of overdue debts and enforce them in legal proceedings;
- Reviewing and drafting decisions on compensation for labor law damages and decisions imposing a legal disadvantage on employees before their issuing
- The legal assessment of workers' compensation claims;
- Legal liaison and mediation between the Company and the legal and international departments of the parent companies;
- Preparing legal reports to be sent to the Company on the affairs of the Company and its subsidiaries;
- Managing transactions and corporate events requiring approval in accordance with Veolia’s internal legal provisions;
- Providing legal advice on issues deemed of high priority by the Company or the mother company;
- By a special power of attorney or contract, perform the legal representation of the Company in proceedings before courts and other authorities;
- Preparing the documents (notifications, applications) and initiating the procedures required for the operation of the Company, as required by the applicable regulations;
- Drafting pleadings in litigation, legal representation in written;
- Data protection consulting
- Preparing the internal policies, instructions and procedures of the Company, and informing the affected employees of the Company about them in cooperation with HR and/or management;
- Legal representation to the partners of the Company (negotiations, meetings)
- Supporting the procurement process as necessary
- Participation in the internal meetings of the Company.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor in law
- 5-10 years of experience in large companies / Groups
- Familiar with Ethic requirements, GDPR, reporting, KYP processes
- Computer skills – MC Office - excel, word, power point / Google environment is a plus
- English: working level
- Driving licence : B category
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Ownership / responsibility taking
- Continuous improvement approach
Veolia Waste Vinča operator d.o.o.
Veolia Waste Vinča Operator d.o.o. is a part of Veolia group . Veolia aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them.Više o poslodavcu