Ref LBESRB 0721-01
Candidates for this position will become part of a dynamic team developing software for backend server applications that include elements of database management, device communications, user notifications etc.
- Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
- Contributing to design and choose appropriate tools & technologies where necessary
- Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
- Developing scripts to automate and streamline development activities
- Configuring and maintaining release and deployment environments
- Participating in manual end to end system QA testing
- A degree in software engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in Linux application development in Python
- Development experience on Linux based systems
- Practical knowledge of commonly used design patterns and libraries
- Good knowledge of relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Practical experience developing backend applications
- Practical experience developing asynchronous applications (e.g. using Twisted, asyncio, Tornado)
- Knowledge of messaging systems e.g. REST, message queues
- Knowledge of C++
- Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience developing Microservices
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience using unit test and component test frameworks
- Practical experience managing and administrating MySQL or PostgeSQL databases.
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Smart / Remote Working
- Wellness programmes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo, Inostranstvo, 31 Ferguson Drive