- Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
- Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
- Full-time role, permanent contract, based in Loznica
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
The Local Communications Advisor will be supporting the media relations team in daily management of local media relations and delivery of local CSR and community activities.
Reporting to the Principal Advisor – Communications, the Local Communications Advisor:
- Provides project support including tracking and reporting of local activities, proactively and consistently managing stakeholder expectations at local level, including managing external partners, including universities and vendors when relevant
- Provides general support with focus on support to the communities team, helping ensure efficient delivery of the team’s communications and media strategy
- Supports for implementation of the Group’s, digital, employee communications, brand and marketing communications activities to protect and enhance Rio Tinto’s reputation.
- Supports the Jadar Communications team in the planning, preparation and co-ordination of events, meetings and workshops
- Implementation of communication processes for company’s info centres
- Obtaining relevant up to date information about local stakeholders, delivering timely reports to team.
- Researches and prepares materials including briefs and presentations
- Participates in the development and strategic use of communications channels in support of the organisation’s engagement strategy
- Comply with statutory, legal and Rio Tinto requirements as well as community expectations and recognized good practice
- Act as the Local point of contact for CSR and community activities in cooperation with Communities team
What you’ll bring
- Safety Mindset
- Tertiary qualification, communications qualification preferable
- Experience working in a relations/communications role preferably within Serbia
- General knowledge of legal requirements in relation to communications
- Previous experience working within a multinational company is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, punctuality, responisbility, persistance and drive for excellence
- Proactiveness and self-management
- Solid English skills, written and oral
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Where you will be working
The Jadar project is a greenfield Underground mine and process plant development located approximately 40km south-east of Loznica, Serbia. An underground mine, comprising of a production shaft, exhaust shaft, development levels, access to production stopes, mobile mining equipment and associated infrastructure. The process plant is designed to produce boric acid, lithium carbonate and sodium sulfate.
Jadar project commenced the feasibility study in Aug 2020. The project business strategy is to develop Jadar as a core, Tier 1 asset with synergies with Rio Tinto Business, enabling a green future and creating value for both Rio Tinto and Serbia. The project execution goal is to derive maximum value from Jadar for its stakeholders, while also delivering on the promised outcomes.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they We are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
We are seeking to increase the diversity across our operations in order to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees and encourage female applicants to apply.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23