Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,300 people worldwide and reported 2019 net sales of $11.5 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandma used to use. Today, Ball manufactures aluminium packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. In 2019, the company started producing and marketing the first infinitely recyclable aluminium cup – another innovation that demonstrates our commitment to sustainability.
Ball’s largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the America, Africa, Middle East, Europe and in a few Asian countries – about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball – and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Logistics & Warehouse Supervisor
(Location: Belgrade Plant)
- As a member of the Department, takes all the necessary measures to achieve the set business goals within the Department, while respecting all the existing procedures and rules regarding the quality of work, protection at work and environmental protection;
- Organises, optimizes and develops work processes and the function of finished goods storage and transport. Optimizes the organization of finished product storage regarding quality, safety and profitability, including all the external warehouses
- Optimizes the processes within his/her field of work in order to minimize costs, preserve the integrity of finished goods and increase efficiency, as well as meet the set delivery deadlines
- Establishes, updates and ensures the performance of procedures related to the transport of finished goods (matrix for the required time, transport costs,...)
- Controls the actual costs of transport of finished goods in relation to the corresponding forecasts and budget items.
- Resolves disputes and complaints related to the transport of cans.
- Organizes the process of packaging preparation for production, as well as the process of sorting the returned packaging
- Reports to superiors about everything relevant to his/her field of work in accordance with the procedures of the Department
- Maintains close relationships with the Procurement and Customer Logistics Departments in order to understand their systems and delivery-related needs. Improves the information flows and work process flows with customers and the transport service suppliers.
- In everyday work, uses the appropriate software system for electronic data management (SAP). Keeps data within his/her responsibilities and up-to-date in SAP
- Cooperates with the Sales and Finances Departments in connection with the above
- Leads and motivates the subordinate staff, constantly developing their skills and assists in the implementation of measures related to human resources.
- Participates in negotiations with transport service suppliers
- Cooperates with the Sales and Finances Departments in connection with the above-mentioned tasks, all tasks that the Employer assigns to him/her, as well as all tasks that are specifically agreed on in writing
- Within Company: With the Sales, Quality, Production and Finances Departments
- Within Ball Corporation: With the logistics central function and the Logistics Departments of other companies within the BPE group
- Outside the company: With transport service suppliers and the customer Logistics Departments
- Fluent in Serbian and English
- At least 6th degree vocational education
- Work experience – minimum 3 years of experience on similar jobs
- Teamwork ability and the ability to work with people
- Forklift driving license
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills for Managers and Above:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- Srbija, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992