Loss Control Specialist Job Description
In this role you are involved in the daily execution of an overall survey strategy and process for accelerating virtual surveys on commercial insurance risks. You will complete virtual surveys with a high degree of quality and efficiency, assist in the management of vendor developed recommendations and provide virtual customer service to Origin Specialty insureds and agents. The Specialist level position is expected to deal with higher hospitality accounts as well as continually looking for opportunities to evolve the virtual operation.
- Develop detailed risk evaluation survey reports that convey the risk characteristics, overall condition of the risk, and current and recommended safety measures to the client, and agent.
- Provide accurate and detailed commentary in completed survey reports providing underwriting a clear picture and understanding of the risk.
- Follow up with insureds and agent partners to ensure compliance with risk improvement recommendations.
- Provide technical expertise regarding training and education in loss control and safety, internally and externally as needed.
- Provide desk-based risk engineering customer service to insureds and agents on property, liability, and other insurance technical subjects where assistance is requested.
- Manage recommendation compliance follow up reviews and approvals for surveys completed by assigned third party vendors.
- Work with the Loss Control Vendor to conduct report quality reviews to facilitate a high level of third-party vendor data collection.
- Utilize prior commercial lines survey experience to identify opportunities to improve the risk selection and assignment process to create efficiency and improve timeliness based on various risk characteristics and locations.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the virtual survey process, tools, and technology, and work with Leadership to implement changes that will ensure maximum efficiency and quality while minimizing cost.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience / Education:
Degree in Occupational Safety or Fire Protection Engineering would be preferable.
Written skills: Excellent skills to compose and write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedural recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
Oral: Excellent English communication skills, to explain complex information in an easily understandable manner to insured’s, agents, company staff.
Listening: Must have excellent listening skills in order understand the needs of the insured and agent partners you support.
Technical Knowledge: Excellent understanding of Hospitality Insurance Risk Engineering and safety guidance. Ability to research and identify emerging trends and technology in the Risk Engineering space.
Problem Solving: Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, decision making skills and project management skills.
Other: team player
Origin Specialty offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefits program.
Origin Specialty is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Origin Specialty will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Please submit your CV electronically.
Origin Specialty Underwriters
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Inostranstvo, 1701 Golf Rd, Bldg 3 Ste 615