The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
Department description needed
The MOUV Division aims to ensure that the ICRC forms effective working relationships and partnerships within the network of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. It coordinates the preparation and ensures the follow-up to the Statutory body meetings of the Movement (jointly with the Federation), thereby contributing to ICRC's positioning with States and with National Societies, to the promotion and development of International Humanitarian Law, and to strengthening the unity of the Movement.
The Data Quality Specialist will require strong attention and a technical competence to ensure the proper application of data policies and the coherence and harmonization of the data. S/he will be responsible for cleaning, structuring, extracting data sets, continuous data quality checking and designing reports and therefore contribute to the quality of Cooperation data management and analysis.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
MOUV DATA QUALITY SPECIALIST
- Ensure high quality in existing data sets in division’s Team Space, annual planning and quarterly monitoring (verify quality and follow up with the person in charge)
- Create structured, high quality and ready to use data sets on a recurring and ad hoc basis using internal and external data, to enable evidence-based decision-making or use of data in Cooperation activities
- Assist in developing and applying data quality monitoring tools (dashboards etc.) and contribute to driving the data quality as well as apply and update guidelines and templates for data and analytics based on the necessary standards, and work on continuous improvement of reporting and analytics
- Support the MOUV Data Team in creating dashboards and update existing dashboards and support the MOUV Division to adapt existing dashboards to their needs
- Assist in the tests and upgrades of the MOUV ICT tools/solutions and new indicators.
- Advanced University degree preferably in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or a similar technical field along with at least 2 to 3 years proven experience in a relevant field
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Word, Excel) as well as knowledge and use of SQL, SSRS (knowledge of Python, R or other relevant scripting and programming languages knowledge of Tableau would be considered an asset)
- Experience in data analysis and statistical methods (automated collection and storage of data retrieved through web APIs experience and/or specialized training in performance management systems and measurement approaches would be considered an asset)
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken (knowledge of French or Spanish language would be considered an asset)
- Well-organized, meticulous, creative and open-minded team player with a scientific approach to solving problem along with strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly with multicultural stakeholders.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 03.04.2019.