Opportunity to continue to grow your career within a team of international experts
Put your stamp on a new greenfield project with a strong digital and automation focus
Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
Role based in Belgrade
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
About the job
We are looking for a Metallurgical engineer who will provide discipline metallurgical engineering perspective to the project with focus on the future operation. Key focus areas include plans and conducts work that requires judgement in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation/modification of techniques and procedures related to metallurgical expertise. Participates in design of Jadar processing plant and operates metallurgical components of processing plant. Provides full site metallurgical technical support
Reporting to the Processing Superintendent, you will:
- Actively participate in design and optimization of process plant;
- Lead metallurgical technical knowledge and know-how transfer from other sites and relevant external stakeholders with insuring compliance with all Rio Tinto standards;
- Ensure a sustained and collaborative team effort between Metallurgy and other cross-sectional and departmental boundaries
- Carrie out pilot plant project planning and co-ordination including risk assessments, technical protocols, sample planning and technical training of technicians
- Plan, execute and report on plant evaluation and trials for processes;
- Create work related documentation such as working procedures, SOPs, instructions, manuals and others;
- Contribute to beneficiation technology and provide technical input to process raw material (ore) in order to produce saleable products and achieve desired quantity and quality;
- Provide full site metallurgical technical support;
- Conduct testing and collect data to achieve optimization of ore processing in a safe and environmentally sound manner;
- Analyze plant performance on a day-to-day basis and provide consistent technical direction to Production teams;
- Assess metallurgical performance via reviews and plant surveys and proposes improvement activities
- Support metallurgical functions with emphasis on developing reliable methods to increase ore recoveries fully utilizing both internal and external expertise as required;
- Complete process monitoring, lab & plant testing, data entry, analysis, and reporting;
- Participate and play a key role in Metallurgical laboratory design & commissioning as well as Met Accounting system setup and commissioning
- Perform routine and random sampling campaigns using standard process sampling and handling practices and procedures;
What You’ll Bring
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Strong safety mindset
- University qualifications in Metallurgy, Chemical or Mining Engineering
- Minimum 3 years as a plant metallurgist/ process engineer in Mineral processing or Oil & Gas
- Advanced in English language
- Experience in study activities/start up projects and/or commissioning is highly appreciated;
- Experienced with laboratory procedures and knowledge of safety requirements
- Able to prepare the Metallurgical laboratory for various benchtop testing protocols to better understand circuit opportunities including reagent consumption and recovery optimization
- Proficient in using various types of computer & business software, along with information management applications (example. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
- Industrial processing experience, background in metallurgy and mineral processing, with strong research and analytical abilities.
Where you will be working
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. It is aunique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia,containing jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicatemineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where thismineral can be found. Incidentally, jadarite has a similarchemical composition to the fictional kryptonite ofSuperman fame. Jadar has been ranked as one of themost significant lithium deposits in the world and ifdeveloped, has the potential to supply a substantialamount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid.
Jadar is a combined mine and mineral processing greenfield project. When developed, Jadar will be amodern underground mine with efficient processingplant and sustainable waste facilities.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
About Rio Tinto
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we support you to drive positive change.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23