Médecins sans frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Humanitarian organization Médecins sans frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) / Lekari bez granica is conducting a project of humanitarian medical assistance to the migrant population transiting through the Balkan region.
Main Purpose of the Position
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the field (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
Transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Performing Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensuring that the outreach team has an appropriate accommodation to stay
- Setting-up distribution of NFI’s
- Setting-up consultation areas for the mobile clinics
- Acting as a logistician in a case of an Emergency Preparedness (EPREP) scenario
- Basic networking, monitoring and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator
- Any other reasonable task requested by the line manager
Education Essential secondary education and driving license
Experience Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience. Desirable experience with other NGOs
Languages English and Serbian language essential
Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel). Good knowledge of country roads
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- Availability to travel throughout Serbia and the Balkan region approx. 90% of the time
- Motivation letter
Please apply electronically.
Note that only CV and motivation letter in English will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
Lekari bez granica - Predstavništvo u Srbiji
Međunarodna humanitarna organizacija koja se bavi pružanjem pomoći populaciji u nevolji, žrtvama prirodnih katastrofa ili katastrofa koje je izazvao čovek, te žrtvama ratnih sukoba, bez ikakve rasne, verske ili političke diskriminacije. Lekari bez granica se vode principima neutralnosti i nepristrasnosti u ime univerzalne medicinske etike i prava na humanitarnu pomoć.Više o poslodavcu