IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is seeking qualified candidates for a MEL/CLA Director for the anticipated USAID/Serbia-funded SME Development Activity. IESC is a U.S. based nonprofit with a focus on supporting small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through access to finance and access to domestic, regional, and export markets to generate equitable and sustainable economic growth globally. Since 1964, we have designed and implemented a wide range of market driven solutions for rural SMEs along entire agricultural value chains on over 25,500 projects in more than 130 countries worldwide.
The purpose of USAID’s SME Development Activity is to help SMEs become better integrated into higher value-added value chains and developed markets. The request for information program description divides the program into three objectives: 1) improved productivity and profitability of SMEs through enhanced management and modernization, 2) expanded SME exports through improved market alignment and adaptations, and 3) increased SMEs utilization of financing instruments. The position is contingent upon IESC winning the award. Candidates should be available to join the project by January 2022.
Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We will consider applications on rolling basis and encourage early submissions.
- Lead the project’s overall monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and CLA efforts including design, operationalization, and oversight of a MEL and CLA plan to monitor progress and evaluate performance and impact.
- Work with USAID/Serbia to finalize performance indicators; collect necessary baseline and annual follow-up data to measure the results for each activity objective and sub-objective and to assess the impact of proposed interventions.
- Update and revise the MEL Plan as needed in collaboration with USAID. Synthesize the knowledge and learning gained from implementation and provide data supported analysis to the COP.
- Lead quarterly indicator-level workshops with project staff to discuss progress against targets, specifically underperforming indicators.
- Ensure integration of gender and youth targets are included in project design and planning and monitored effectively and pro-actively during implementation.
- Design and monitor business productivity measurements, including those related to the green economy in energy efficiency and effective waste management.
- Ability to track and manage annual work plan outputs that lead to impact critical in support of senior management project activity design, analysis, and communication to staff and stakeholders.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in designing and implementing donor-funded MEL and CLA systems in Serbia, preferably with USAID.
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, business, social science, or other related field; or equivalent professional working experience in MEL and CLA on donor funded programs; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated success and experience in MEL and CLA plan development and implementation, including indicator development, target setting, adapting program approaches based on implementation, and data quality assurance.
- Familiarity with USAID MEL systems and the USAID M&E framework in Serbia, similar experience with EU, EBRD, World Bank, or OECD is welcomed.
- Excellent writing and spoken English skills.
- Ability to work with complex Microsoft Excel required; experience with MEL-specific databases welcomed.
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Norcross, 4315 Global Court