Our client is the Swiss Cooperation Office in Serbia, which is part of the Swiss Embassy. The task of the Cooperation Office is to enable result-oriented implementation of Swiss interventions in Serbia in close cooperation with a broad range of Serbian and Swiss partners. The Cooperation Programme is jointly funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO). The Swiss Cooperation Office is searching for motivated and qualified candidates for the following position based in Belgrade: NATIONAL PROGRAMME OFFICER ECONOMY
- Manage the project cycle, ensure effective steering and provide operational support to project partners of ongoing Swiss-funded projects in the thematic areas of private sector development, business enabling environment, entrepreneurship and Trade/Export promotion. Follow up and steer multilateral and bilateral interventions, enhance competitiveness and promote local economic development whilst mainstreaming gender and good governance principles.
- Provide analysis, elaborate recommendations and conceptualise new projects jointly with the team, line management, headquarters and project partners. Address and contribute to the mitigation of risks related to the project portfolio.
- Steer and coordinate a portfolio of multilateral and bilateral interventions that apply trade and access to finance instruments, enhance competitiveness and promote local economic development.
- Provide analysis, elaborate recommendations and contribute to the development of new programmes. Coordinate with project partners – in particular the World Bank Group Support and follow up on public tendering and internal approval processes at SECO headquarters.
- Contribute to knowledge management in the above mentioned thematic areas.
- Develop and maintain close contact with main stakeholders, government officials, development partners as well as SECO and SDC Headquarters in Switzerland.
- Coordinate, formulate and represent Swiss positions and support the Swiss Cooperation Office’s policy dialogue with the Government of Serbia in the field of economic development.
- Support the Swiss Cooperation Office in devising its medium term cooperation programme and the related annual reporting.
Required qualification and working experience:
- At least 5 years of professional working experience, preferably obtained in an international development cooperation (multilateral and/or bilateral) or a government position in the areas of economic development, promotion of an enabling business environment local economic development and private sector development.
- Very good knowledge of project management (PCM) and experience in results monitoring and reporting required.
- Experience in operational and financial management of development projects for an implementing organisation is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in trade, access to and public oversight of blended finance, innovation promotion as well as about International Financial Institutions and about the Serbian start up/entrepreneurship scene would be an asset.
- University degree in Economics, law or other relevant domain.
- Interest and excellent knowledge of Serbia’s economic, social and political context. Knowledge of policy landscape, main institutions and stakeholders involved in the thematic areas mentioned above.
- Ability to think strategically, strong analytical and conceptual skills. Ability to develop and steer programmes based on the orientation of the Swiss Cooperation Strategy with Serbia.
- Strong communication skills required; fluency in written and spoken English and Serbian, ability to draft structured and concise texts in English.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a diverse team. Ability to make best use of synergies between different Swiss interventions.
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills with an ability and willingness to efficiently handle a substantial workload in an accurate manner, including administrative tasks. Open minded and capable to adapt quickly to varying tasks and environment.
- Readiness to occasionally travel in Serbia and beyond.
If you believe you are the right person for this position, please send your CV and accompanying letter before the closing date electronically.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Embassy of Switzerland - Serbia
- Srbija, Beograd, Bulevar oslobođenja 4
- PIB: 102600945
- Matični broj: 06000029