Since its foundation in 2002, SRH Serbia – IPPF member works towards achieving a discrimination-free, gender equal, and pro-choice environment. We are strongly committed to gender equality, and to eliminating the stigma and discrimination, which leads to the widespread violation of health and human rights, particularly among women.
SRH Serbia – IPPF member aims to improve people’s quality of life through the provision of services to vulnerable population and advocacy on local, national, and regional level. SRH Serbia defends the right of all people to enjoy sexual lives free from ill health, unwanted pregnancy, violence and discrimination.
Since 2010, SRH Serbia is an Associate Member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation – IPPF (EN)- www.ippfen.org, a global leader in providing reproductive health and human rights services, founded in 1952 and operating in 172 countries worldwide. SRH Serbia – IPPF member works in partnerships with communities, governments, other organizations, and donors.
Details of Employment
A definite contract for the provision of the service will be signed between SRH Serbia and the Outreach Worker. The Outreach Worker is expected to:
- Perform duties in accordance with the mission statement and core values of SRH Serbia and the mandate of the project.
- Act as the representative of the project among the beneficiaries, their families, and the local community.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with communities.
- Identify potential beneficiaries and inform them about the project activities.
- Work with local communities to ensure that the project activities have widespread acceptance before and throughout the cycle of the project.
- Lead all outreach activities for beneficiaries (center visits, community dialogues, awareness sessions, focus groups and assisting with pre-implementation survey).
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator and Researcher to oversee the project implementation and provide support as needed.
- Translation of surveys.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read English and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must have sensitivity to the needs of the population.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Network within the local migrant community.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience in outreach work or fieldwork in an NGO context.
- Ability to communicate one-on-one and in group situations with people of varied backgrounds.
- Ability to interact with people in a mature, professional, and pleasant manner.
- Respectful towards beneficiaries of all ethnic, religious, and socio-economic groups.
- Ability to be open-minded, flexible, responsible, engaging, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work harmoniously with other colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- University degree in social sciences, public administration or another relevant field.
Full-time professionals enjoy many perks of employment, including but not limited to:
- Strong focus on teamwork and allowed flexibility.
- Competitive compensation.
- Growth opportunities.
- Career training tools.
SRH Serbia (IPPF member)
Since its foundation in 2002, SRH Serbia – IPPF member works towards achieving discrimination free, gender equal and pro-choice environment. We are strongly committed to gender equality, and to eliminating the stigma and discrimination, which leads to the widespread violation of health and human rights, particularly among women. SRH Serbia – IPPF member aims to improve people’s quality of life through provision of services to vulnerable population and advocacy on local, national, and regional level.…Više o poslodavcu