Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
Bring your agile thinking to put your stamp on a new greenfield project
Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
This permanent full-time position is located in Belgrade
About the role
We are looking for a Permitting Advisor to provide support for the permitting process in accordance to the applicable Serbian legislation, focusing primarily on the submission of required documentation to the regulators. The work will be conducted in close cooperation with the RT ProjectTeam, Engineering, Environment and External Affairs teams.
Reporting to the Manager Approvals, you will be:
- Working with the relevant area managers, coordinate the following key permits and approvals: spatial planning process, environmental impact assessment, water permit, construction permits and usage permits required throughout the project development process.
- Support the responsible permitting owners to adhere and align to the requirements set fort under the Espoo and Aarhus Conventions.
- Draft and prepare all required documents and reports for obtaining and extending the permits.
- Prepare documents required for public consultations associated with the permitting process in cooperation with the External Affairs.
- Monitor and report on progress, performance, and key risks and issues associated with the implementation of the permitting action plan.
- Work closely with the Rio Tinto scheduling team providing information about the status of the activities in accordance to the Project Master Schedule.
- Working closely with External Affairs, interface with government and other external stakeholders required to facilitate the effective delivery of the required activities for the permits and approvals
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Extensive experience of working or advising on permitting aspects of large infrastructure or capital projects under the jurisdiction of several ministries.
- Proven experience of building both internal and external relationships with key stakeholders both nationally and internationally, at all levels.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Serbian Law on Planning and Construction,
- Mining, Environment and other relevant planning policies and laws.
- Experience in coordination of development of plan and urbanistic documentation (spatial plan, plan of detail regulation, urbanistic project etc.)
- Understanding of different level of technical documentation required for different level of permits
- Previous mining industry experience is desirable.
- Strong language and communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in solving challenging technical problems.
- Ability to approach problems innovatively and lateral
Where you will be working
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. It is a unique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia, containing jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicate mineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where this mineral can be found. Incidentally, jadarite has a similar chemical composition to the fictional kryptonite of Superman fame. Jadar has been ranked as one of the most significant lithium deposits in the world and if developed, has the potential to supply a substantial amount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid.
Jadar is a combined mine and mineral processing greenfield project. When developed, Jadar will be a modern underground mine with efficient processing plant and sustainable waste facilities.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
We are seeking to increase the diversity across our operations in order to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees and encourage female applicants to apply.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23