Principal Advisor Project Controls
Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
Put your stamp on a new greenfield project with a strong digital and automation focus
Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
Full-time, permanent role located in Belgrade
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Advisor Project Controls to ensure timely and accurate Planning & Scheduling functions are executed in line with RT policies and project procedures. You will be responsible for the owners planning & scheduling, progress measurement, co-ordination of the project controls inputs from cost control, change management, and have an oversight role for the total project control function.
Reporting to the Manager Project Controls, you will be responsible for:
- Leads the development of project control accounts and control budget
- Creates, maintain and report on the owner’s schedule and progress
- Co-ordinates overall project schedule with PMC
- Co-ordinates project controls inputs for change management, schedule & cost variances, cash flow, incurred & commitment curves and co-ordination with PMC for overall reporting
- Interface with Government of Serbia on infrastructure works and proactive identification of risks and mitigation.
- Proactively analyses schedule & progress data and reports findings to the project team.
- Leads the implementation of effective change management process.
- Leads the setup and implementation of project progress measurement practices.
- Identifies improvement opportunities for streamlining work process.
- Leads the development and maintenance of project controls procedures, including planning & scheduling, progress measurement and change management & forecasting.
- Leads compliance with standardised processes, systems and tools.
- Provides technical planning support to project stakeholders.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree in engineering / construction related professions desirable –but not essential
- Trade background or Association of cost engineers – desirable but not essential
- Minimum15 years’ experience in project control roles
- Experience on mega projects >$1bn
- Proficient use of Primavera P7 essential
- Knowledge of methodology and use of progress measurement tools required
- Excellent Microsoft office skills required
- Confident and engaging personality
Where you will be working
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. It is a unique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia, containing jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicate mineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where this mineral can be found. Incidentally, jadarite has a similar chemical composition to the fictional kryptonite of Superman fame. Jadar has been ranked as one of the most significant lithium deposits in the world and if developed, has the potential to supply a substantial amount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid.
Jadar is a combined mine and mineral processing greenfield project. When developed, Jadar will be a modern underground mine with efficient processing plant and sustainable waste facilities.
What we offer
- Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
We are seeking to increase the diversity across our operations in order to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees and encourage female applicants to apply.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23