About the Role:
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
WSP's Industry team are looking for a Principal Control & Instrumentation Engineer to join our team.
We are a multi-disciplinary process industries design team that have involvement from concept to completion of projects. Core work is basic and detailed stages, but we get involved with all stages from site master planning up to construction completion, providing our own estimates and proposals support in winning work through delivering the designs not only as part of our own multi-disciplinary team, but often integrated with Clients who we work with very closely.
Our safety culture is second to none and in the high hazard industries that we work in is a critical element of our success.
Core industry teams are generally based in Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Newcastle/Middlesbrough and Glasgow, but WSP have offices in numerous locations and have some flexibility in locations depending on specifics of role.
A typical week would include:
- Program preparation/preparation of man hour estimates/control and monitoring.
- Carrying out C & I design work, including:-
- Design concept and layout development,
- Control System URS document,
- Instrumentation specifications,
- Control valve specifications,
- Designing intrinsically safe systems suitable for installation within Hazardous areas,
- Preparation of instrumentation equipment list,
- Input into package plant specifications,
- Design of Safety instrumented systems,
- Process hazard studies (inc. HAZOP) and design safety reviews,
- Detail design calculations,
- Generate installation specifications,
- Carry out GAMP5 audits on suppliers,
- Preparation of validation documentation.
- Approving and checking of all C&I design work on allocated projects.
- Ensuring the operation aspects of any design are correct and are understood by other disciplines.
- Coordinating the development of systems & procedures
- Controlling discipline hours budge and cost of works on allocated projects
- Producing C&I drawings using CAD design team
- Ensuring cost effective innovative designs are produced
- Preparing Installation Specification and contract schedules
- Preparing enquiries and technical bid analysis
- Technical liaison with Suppliers, Package Vendors and Sub-contractors.
- Preparation of Design Safety Reviews and designers risk assessments.
- Ensuring compliance with and adherence to the requirements of the FDA, MHRA for pharmaceutical plants.
- Providing advice on GAMP5.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelors degree in appropriate Engineering subject (min. 2.2 Hons) or IEE Part 3 equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer (M.I.E.E. or MInstMC).
- Significant experience in the application and specification of BPCS systems and in the specification and selection of field instrumentation.
- Highly computer literate.
- Ability to work in multidiscipline team and liaise with all disciplines and Client Engineers.
- Detailed knowledge of ATEX and the requirements for hazardous area installations
- Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems.
- A full UK Driving license.
- Specific expertise in one or more of the fine chemicals, primary/secondary pharmaceuticals and/or Bio-Tech, or gas networks.
- Experience with EPCM contract company.
- Exida or TUV SIS qualifications.
- Detailed knowledge of GAMP.
- Detailed knowledge of PED.
- Detailed knowledge or G17 and/or PS5/6.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
- , ,
- Matični broj: 01383511