Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
Role based in Belgrade, Serbia. Local contract.
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Principal Contracts Advisor who will be responsible for overseeing the project procurement and contracting activities within Rio Tinto’s governance framework.
This role is a great opportunity to contribute to the successful delivery of the studies and major capital projects and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Manager Contracts, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the procurement and contracting activities of studies and major capital projects ensuring compliance with the Rio Tinto Projects’ procedures and Rio Tinto’s governance requirements.
- Developing and implementing Project Procurement and Contracting Plans.
- Developing and implementing strategies to support Aboriginal engagement, local procurement and compliance with project Australian Industry Participation Plans.
- Endorsing Recommendations for Award and advising on contractor selection.
- Overseeing the lifecycle of project contracts, from strategy development through to contract and project close-out.
- Managing complex claims.
- Providing commercial support and advice to Project Managers.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree qualification in law, commerce, engineering or relevant discipline.
- Previous experience working in an EPC and/or EPCM project delivery environment.
- Ability to contribute to a positive team culture and work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing construction contracts and familiarity with risks associated with construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex claims such as prolongation, acceleration and disruption claims.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills.
- Strong language and communication skills and proficient in both English and Serbian.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
The Jadar project is a greenfield Underground mine and process plant development located approximately 40km south-east of Loznica, Serbia. An underground mine, comprising of a production shaft, exhaust shaft, development levels, access to production stopes, mobile mining equipment and associated infrastructure. The process plant is designed to produce boric acid, lithium carbonate and sodium sulfate.
Jadar project commenced the feasibility study in Aug 2020. The project business strategy is to develop Jadar as a core, Tier 1 asset with synergies with Rio Tinto Business, enabling a green future and creating value for both Rio Tinto and Serbia. The project execution goal is to derive maximum value from Jadar for its stakeholders, while also delivering on the promised outcomes.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23