Principal/Senior HV Cable Design Engineer
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a global leader in developing energy and infrastructure projects around the world. Our clients come to us for a wide range of advice, resources and skills – in engineering, maintaining infrastructure, managing construction, planning and strategic thinking.
Operating internationally, our Power business works with governments, operators, investors and contractors, providing specialist advice on any type of power project at any stage in its development. From small-scale renewables to the largest power and water projects, we are experienced in all aspects of power generation, transmission and distribution.
Our staff are encouraged to engage in external professional activities (such as CIGRE) where these are deemed to be in the interests of both the company and the individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
Candidates must have:
- Proven technical capability associated with the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and fault analysis of HV and EHV land and subsea cable systems. Preference will be given to candidates with experience gained within a transmission or distribution utility, consultancy or manufacturing environment.
- An understanding of technical policy, its suite of technical specifications and supporting documentation. The capability to fulfil a role as an authorised HV Cable Design Assurance Engineer would be an advantage.
- The ability to work with internal and external parties (eg equipment suppliers, manufacturers, service providers, professional bodies) and within a strong team-working culture.
- The skill to communicate complex technical and commercial issues to peers or senior managers.
- The ability to work in and lead cross-functional teams.
- The ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively.
- Experience in writing clear and concise documentation.
- Fluency in English.
Send your CV electronically.