Principal/Senior Protection & Control Engineer, Commissioning Officer
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a global leader in developing energy and infrastructure projects around the world. Our clients come to us for a wide range of advice, resources and skills – in engineering, maintaining infrastructure, managing construction, planning and strategic thinking.
Operating internationally, our Power business works with governments, operators, investors and contractors, providing specialist advice on any type of power project at any stage in its development. From small-scale renewables to the largest power and water projects, we are experienced in all aspects of power generation, transmission and distribution.
Our staff are encouraged to engage in external professional activities (such as CIGRE) where these are deemed to be in the interests of both the company and the individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Candidates must have:
- Proven technical capability in the design and/or application of power system protection. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in protection application at transmission voltage levels up to 500kV, gained within a transmission utility, consultancy or manufacturing environment. Strong candidates with a distribution background will be considered.
- An understanding of technical policy, its suite of technical specifications and supporting documentation. The capability to act as an authorised Protection & Control Design Assurance Engineer and Commissioning Officer would be an advantage.
- The ability to work with internal and external parties (eg equipment suppliers, manufacturers, service providers, professional bodies) and within a strong team-working culture.
- The skill to communicate complex technical and commercial issues to peers or senior managers.
- The ability to work in and lead cross-functional teams.
- The ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively.
- Experience in writing clear and concise documentation.
- Fluency in English.
Please send your CV electronically.
Deadline for applications: 04.01.2014.