- Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
- Put your stamp on a new greenfield project with a strong digital and automation focus
- Full-time role based in Belgrade.
About the role
We are looking for a Process Manager, Jadar, who will initially oversee the work of the all process design and then provide process design protection as the facility undergoes detailed engineering design and construction. The role will ensure all FS work is completed in accordance with Rio Tinto’s Study Definition Guidelines, supporting management to maximize the net present value (NPV) of the operations.
The incumbent will lead a multi-disciplinary process technology team, which will deliver all aspects of the processing technical scope for the FS of Jadar Project with aim to develop low-cost, long life lithium-borate operation.
The Process Manager will be responsible for understanding the overall process within the chemical plant and working with the existing technical experts around the world to transfer this knowledge into Serbia for the future operations of the plant. This includes the relocation of the pilot plant and preparations for its operation locally.
Reporting to the General Manager Rio Sava, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all work undertaken is performed with safety being the first priority, Compliance with the Rio Tinto safety standards.
- Overseeing and supporting the work of the process design team during the FS and development phases as planned and scheduled in a manner that maximizes the value of the resource whilst creating a culture of accountability and continuous improvement and considering safety, business risk and market demand.
- Establishing technical milestones and monitoring project progress against these to enable continual prioritization
- Preparing and managing budgets to ensure effective allocation of company funds to complete the necessary work plan to carry Jadar Project through to development. Instigate programs and provide technical support to achieve cost reductions though innovative technologies and systems.
- Understand, implement and maintain appropriate systems both computer and non-computer based to facilitate the active management of the department leading to world’s best technical service performance.
- Leading the team to continuously focus on improving the technical aspects of Project.
- Understanding advances in technology from research organizations in order to apply new techniques / technology to facilitate the advance of the Project. Identifying, recommending and implementing improvements to address any gaps identified and support the establishment of a culture of continuous improvement with good measurement systems supporting this activity.
- Collaborating with peers to ensure effective allocation of resources, e.g., information, people, specialist knowledge, materials.
- Collaborating across Rio Tinto Borates and Lithium to ensure the right technical and support input is provided to the Project and to share and acquire best practice and resources.
- Actively work to achieve good teamwork. Providing leadership through collaboration and Living the Values
- Managing individual and team performance to achieve individual and organization results.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a university minerals processing or chemical engineering required. Post graduate qualifications in Financial Management preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in chemical processing industry 3-5 years should be in a leadership / management role
- Experience in managing a large diversified professional team
- A demonstrated commitment to development and promotion of a safe working culture.
- Sound commercial acumen with experience in contract management and development.
- Budgetary knowledge and skills to including, forecasting, variance reporting and justification for cost overruns.
- Ability to understand and interrupt the inputs and key drivers of business case evaluations.
- Advanced project management and team building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership ability.
Where you will be working
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. It is aunique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia,containing jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicatemineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where thismineral can be found. Incidentally, jadarite has a similarchemical composition to the fictional kryptonite ofSuperman fame. Jadar has been ranked as one of themost significant lithium deposits in the world and ifdeveloped, has the potential to supply a substantialamount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid.
Jadar is a combined mine and mineral processing greenfield project. When developed, Jadar will be amodern underground mine with efficient processingplant and sustainable waste facilities.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
We are seeking to increase the diversity across our operations in order to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees and encourage female applicants to apply.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23