At Arbor, we’re on a mission to transform the way schools work for the better.
Our products are transforming the way schools use data to bring about positive change by empowering schools and teachers by reducing the amount of time spent on administrative tasks, and increasing time where it matters, with the students!
We’re in scale up mode and in need of Product Engineers to carry associate works related to maintaining and upgrading Arbor’s core systems and platforms. You’ll be hands-on in our code base specialising in PHP application and web development (React) as well as developing scripts to support Arbor’s systems where needed.
A day in the life of a Product Engineer at Arbor
- You’ll work closely with Engineering Leads solutionising feature requests
- Writing associated documentation for new feature developments, including diagrams if required
- Writing your own tests for new features developments
- Producing code using standard design patterns and methods such as SOLID
- Participating in code reviews and pair programming with your colleagues
- Participating in tech-talks and team based learning to ensure knowledge is shared throughout the Arbor engineering teams.
In 1 month, you’ll be onboarding, getting to know your team and beginning to develop a sound understanding of Arbor’s MIS, by working closely with Product, Engineering and Marketing teams.
Within 3 months, you’ll be assisting in the resolution of bugs and system issues, and creating relevant technical documentation for the system area you’re working with.
Within 6 months, you will have successfully delivered features and contributed towards the improvement of Arbor’s core systems and platforms as well as playing a part in improving overall product lead times.
- 1+ years experience in any Object Oriented languages and software development
- An understanding of relational database technologies
- You love the challenge of solving problems
- You’re a team player, with an outgoing personality who asks questions and actively participates in discussions
Bonus points if you have:
- A computer science related academic background
- Past experience with enterprise solutions
- An understanding of software engineering principles, such as SOLID, DRY etc
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience with Docker and containerisation
- Familiarity with software best practices such as Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design, Test-Driven Development, etc.
What we offer
Aside from the chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday.
- We believe in supporting your professional growth and provide team managers with a training budget to spend on courses for you and your team
- We promote positive well being and as part of this you’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program as well as being able to speak to trained mental health first aiders
- Frequent internal lunch and learns, opportunities to learn from colleagues, and dedicated time off to attend conferences or training
- We are all currently WFH due to covid and will continue to provide flexible work arrangements post covid
- We offer additional discretionary holidays, including half day Fridays during the school summer holidays
Refer a friend: Know someone else who would be good for this role? You can refer a friend, family member or colleague, if they are offered a role with Arbor, we will say thank you with a voucher valued up to £200! Simply email: email@example.com
Arbor Education is an equal opportunities organisation
Our goal is for Arbor to be a workplace which represents, celebrates and supports people from all backgrounds, and which gives them the tools they need to thrive - whatever their ambitions may be.
We want to make sure we build the best products for our schools, and we passionately believe that starts with building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re actively working on this, and we’re always open to feedback. Let us know your thoughts!
If you need any adjustments to be made to support you through the recruitment process, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arbor Education Partners
Arbor Education Partners Schools collect thousands of data points each day, but often find it hard to use this data to target teaching and drive school improvement. Arbor was founded by an algorithmic trader and tech entrepreneur to provide next generation management information systems and big data analytics to intelligently analyse the information schools already collect. Arbor can then show management where resources need focusing, teachers which students need the most help, parents how to engage…Više o poslodavcu