The National Democratic Institute (NDI) office in Belgrade, Serbia seeks a candidate for the position of Program Assistant to assist NDI Serbia program staff in implementing NDI programs aimed at strengthening capacities of NDI’s political parties partners to increase political competition and enhance productive participation in democratic political processes. The hiring of this position is contingent on funding.
Job Type: Local position
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
- Provide assistance to program managers in all financial and administrative tasks in accordance with NDI internal procedures and Serbian legal requirements.
- Provide support in coordinating and scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, drafting correspondence letters and maintaining files and databases.
- Provide written and oral translation between Serbian and English languages.
- Maintain communication with partners including, but not limited to MPs, political parties and other local partners in both Serbian and English languages.
- Work closely with other colleagues on designing, planning and organizing conferences, trainings and similar events.
- Contribute in organizing and overseeing local partners in developing and implementing program activities.
- Contribute in drafting project proposals, work plans, memos and other reports.
- Contribute in monitoring and evaluation of program implementation.
- Perform additional tasks as needed during the program implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in management and administration, political science, international relations, law, international development or related area.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in management, administration, project implementation is preferred.
- Experience in planning and organizing conferences, trainings and similar events.
- Exposure to online communication tools (working knowledge advantage) for organizing online conferences and events (e.g. Google Hangouts, Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with partners coming from different environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of organization, initiative, attention to details and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a constructive member of a team.
- Strong time-management and personal-management skills.
- Punctuality, self-discipline and a high sense of responsibility.
- Willingness to work under pressure and irregular working hours if needed.
- Desire to learn new skills, tools and methods in project management (design, planning, implementation and oversight).
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of Google platforms and applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations in the region, some of which may be remote or lacking modern communications or transportation infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Detailed annual and quarterly indicators and work plans, prepared in close cooperation with program managers.
- Efficient, cost effective and timely implementation of activities ensured.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Position is for 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
- Competitive salary for the position (commensurate with experience), subject to negotiation.
- Benefits will be regulated with the Employment Contract in compliance with the Republic of Serbia Labor Code.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and a motivation letter in English. Applications without the CV and/or motivation letter will not be considered.
Nacionalni Demokratski Institut
- Srbija, Beograd, Bokeljska 7/ II/2
- PIB: 103104265
- Matični broj: 06000029