SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization for over 136 SOS Children Villages associations worldwide. Here, at Foundation SOS Children’s Villages Serbia, we are dedicated to welfare of children and strengthening of families and communities in Serbia.
As a non-governmental social development organization we help children without parental care, young people and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education and health, as well as advocating for children’s rights.
If you are very good in handling new situations, responsible, dynamic and optimistic, love the challenges and see the development of your career in the area of fundraising for vulnerable children where you can add that special meaningful aspect to the work you do, come and join our Fundraising and Communications Department in the position of:
Public Relations, Brand and Communications Specialist
Mission of the position:
- Support Fundraising activities by pursuing opportunities of externally promoting our activities as well as fundraising campaigns in order to increase the public recognition and foster a positive image, strengthen brand awareness, credibility and acceptance.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Positioning SOS Children’s Villages as a strong partner among potential and existing supporters based on SOS Children’s Villages roots, vision, mission and values,
- Developing all external communications strategies in alignment with the overall organization strategy,
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating activities related to plan of external communication measures,
- Organizing crisis communications in close cooperation with the national crisis management team,
- Identifying key media players on the market, and building strong relations with all relevant parties,
- Managing media relations, organizing press conferences, media briefings and other media events when needed,
- Accompany fundraising campaigns, support fundraising colleagues with expertise for external communications and adaptation of content for all channels (creative writing of content for social networks in order to engage new donors and raise awareness of our cause),
- Facilitate brand orientation, training, workshops, dialogues and support definition, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of brand projects;
- Implement tools for monitoring and auditing brand standards;
- Provide recommendations and guidance on brand matters and brand compliance during the implementation of main activities, which have high impact internally and externally
Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong relations with people at all levels,
- Strong presentation, influencing and public speaking skills,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Efficient task prioritization and time management;
- Flexibility to work both in team and independently;
- Work under time pressure;
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking;
- Pro-active approach and a “can do” mentality
- University degree in social or organizational sciences, preferably in journalism, PR and communications, marketing,
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar job positions in a multinational/multinational environment,
- Preferably experience in working within NGO sector and/or foundations/international projects,
- Fluency in English,
- PC literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint),
- Driver’s licence: B category.
If you are confident that you meet the above stated requirements and you are interested in developing your career in a dynamic international environment, send your CV with application letter electronically.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Fondacija SOS Dečija sela Srbija
Fondacija SOS Dečija sela Srbija je humanitarna, nevladina organizacija, posvećena dobrobiti dece – brizi o deci bez roditeljskog staranja, i jačanju snaga porodica i zajednica u brizi o svojoj deci i očuvanju njihove bezbednosti, kao preventivnoj meri protiv napuštanja i zanemarivanja dece. Članica smo Međunarodne organizacije SOS Dečija sela, koja u 135 zemalja sveta pomaže više od 1.200.000 hiljada ljudi. U Srbiji smo prisutni od 2004. godine, kroz brigu o deci bez roditeljskog staranja u SOS…Više o poslodavcu