Balkaneum is a development house charged with several projects in the sphere of cryptocurrency, e-commerce and financial asset trading.
We seek to expand our team with a
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
What you will be working on:
You will participate in the quality assurance process of several products:
- Xcalibra, financial asset exchange platform.
A complicated real-time web app, with lots of moving pieces.
- Safex marketplace, a blockchain-based marketplace.
This growing ecosystem is starting with a desktop app and command line tooling, but we will soon expand to other platforms as well.
- Hashbringer, an ATM
Physical payment machine with a touch-based UI.
Our teams have implemented automated testing on lower levels, but so far, we have had no organized QA testing. You will be involved in setting the standards and pushing our quality assurance process to the next level. Exciting times are ahead of us.
You would be our ideal candidate if:
- You have at last 3 years of professional experience working in QA engineering roles
- You know how to use Selenium WebDriver or a similar product to organize and perform web UI tests.
- You not only understand what API-s are, you can Postman or similar tool to develop tests against them.
- You know basic SQL and can peek into a database and see what exactly went wrong.
- You are able to design procedures for both manual and automated testing from scratch, and are willing to help bring less experienced colleagues up to speed.
- You are proactive. Instead of sitting idly, you go over the playbook again and try to find more bugs. You research better ways to do things, then bug developers and management to make it happen. You are OK with a flat organizational structure.
- You are comfortable communicating in English, in written and verbal form.
Benefits of working at Balkaneum:
- No outsourcing, no dealing with clients or salesmen - we work on our own products
- Small teams in good offices (no open office layout), ergonomic chairs
- Great computers, choose between a high-powered PC or a Mac
- Private health insurance and Gym membership
- Company-provided free lunch every day and fully stocked fridge, coffee
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored trips to conferences and meetups
- Bonuses based on team achievements
We are located in Belgrade city center, near the Parliament building.
With your application, we encourage you to include your open source code profile (github, bitbucket...), portfolio site, stack overflow account, hacker rank link, a code sample or anything else that demonstrates your craftsmanship.
Deadline for applications: 23.10.2019.