The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
In the context of Quality Policy deployment and the Logistic Division strategy implementation the Quality Technician ensures products meet the required Quality standards and continuous improvement of processes as per Plan, Do, Check Act (PDCA) cycle.
The Quality Technician is responsible for managing the Quality Management processes for non-medical goods in accordance with the ICRC’s Quality policy.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- Supports Geneva Logistics Support Centre for global and Eurasia region by monitoring and following-up all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) linked to the Quality Control (QC) and Quality, Social and Environmental (QSE) assessments & audits processes (e.eg. Correction Action Plans follow-up linked to QC and QSE findings for Essentials Household Items (EHI), Nutrition and food global suppliers)
- Performs QSE assessments and audits of companies and testing laboratories for Eurasia
- Approves and releases inspection reports (reference-samples testing, internal QC and lab reports) and QSE assessment & audit reports for regions and counties not covered by Quality Technicians network (e.g. Eurasia and Asia)
- Advises on product acceptance, nonconforming products management and items specification improvements
- Is responsible for training the Quality Controllers, the Quality Officers and other staff involved in the Quality Management processes for Eurasia, as well as supervises the QC process (documentation and equipment management)
- In cooperation with Teheran Quality team maintains dashboard, charts, and KPIs on SRM and Quality Management System's (QMS) performance
- Shares the second line of defence with Teheran ensuring respect of best practises related to QC and QSE assessment & audit processes by performing regular evaluations of sites where QSE approach is deployed
- Records and follows up on the monitoring-customer-complaints (MCC) process; gives feedback and suggests improvements based on QC findings; ensures that the JD Edwards QC module is properly used
- Reviews current work practices to identify areas in which the QMS process could be improved and developed
- University degree in Quality Management, engineering or a related field, along with minimum six years' experience in metrology, sampling and quality inspections or purchasing/warehousing
- Proven experience in assessments/audits, as well as good knowledge of procurement processes
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work independently
- Proactive and a fast-learner with strong communication skills
- Experience in training delivery is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Medjunarodni komitet Crvenog krsta
- Srbija, Beograd, Vladimira Popovica 38
- PIB: 102474882
- Matični broj: 17744968