ARPM – Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management is a research and education company, founded by Attilio Meucci, based in New York City with virtual offices worldwide. Our mission is to set and disseminate the standards for advanced quantitative risk management and quantitative portfolio management across the financial industry: asset management, banking, and insurance.
ARPM is hiring a: Researcher, Remote position.
The successful applicant will be contributing to the ARPM e-platform by developing and reviewing teaching material in the field of quantitative finance and data science for finance. He/she will work full-time, remotely (from home or any other location), constantly communicating via multimedia with the other team members. The ARPM researcher position represents an opportunity for candidates with a quantitative background to work in a high-performing environment.
- review theoretical portions and provide high-value insights and feedback
- create exercises to prove theoretical statements
- create case studies to provide intuition to theoretical statements
- write documentation (using pseudo-code) and code in Python for scripts and functions
- create MATLAB/Python scripts for the data animations
- create lecture slides in Beamer (LaTeX)
- record and edit video lectures
- support teaching activities (e.g. homework preparation, grading, interactive platform(s) moderation, etc.)
What we offer:
- remote full-time work with flexible working hours
- competitive salary package
- dynamic international working environment with the opportunity for progressive professional development
- advanced undergraduate or master’s equivalent in mathematics, statistics or theoretical physics. Ph.D. in the same disciplines is a plus
- good knowledge of statistics and probability
- highly analytical with strong attention to details
- proficiency in Python or similar programming languages
- good command of English
- knowledge of finance is a plus
If you are interested, please send us your CV and motivation letter in English.