Databox, a fast-growing, profitable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that helps other companies monitor, report and improve their performance, is seeking to hire a Sales Engineer.
Databox Sales Engineers provide advanced technical setup assistance to our prospects and customers and help our product and engineering teams improve our product.
With activities like customer calls with our sales consultants, writing SQL queries and validating specifications for new functionality with our product team, our sales engineers help our internal teams anticipate and solve for our customer’s needs. In this role, you’ll spend most of your time helping customers evaluate and setup Databox, increasing the likelihood they’ll select and stick with us as their dashboard and reporting solution.
You’ll have a measurable impact on the growth of Databox by supporting 10s of prospects and customers every month and devising sophisticated solutions for a few of them.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
Conducting calls with trial users and customers (in conjunction with a sales consultant), to scope out custom, complex setup needs. Then, either guide users as they do it themselves or quote custom setup services.
Being an internal resource for assisting with customer’s complex use-cases. Collaborating with the Sales and Account Management teams to understand customer’s technical requirements and assisting with complex setup work.
Researching and building custom integrations with other platforms using custom scripts, SDKs, and automation tools such as Zapier, Integromat, Parabola, Dataddo, SyncHub and StitchData.
Reading, writing, optimizing, and troubleshooting SQL statements
Preparing and developing internal and customer-facing technical presentations, trainings and documentation on the technical aspects of Databox’s products and services
Collaborating with our Product Team to improve existing native integrations and develop new ones.
Experience and requirements:
- You must be a strong consultative salesperson, ideally with experience selling subscription software to small and medium-sized businesses.
- You must have extensive experience interacting with APIs using custom scripts, SDKs and automation tools.
- You must have proficiency with SQL and its variations and experience with modern relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Azure, MSSQL, Amazon Redshift and Snowflake.
- You must possess strong communication skills, be able to clearly relate technical information to non-technical prospects and customers over the phone.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required.
- Experience working with CRM/Sales, Support and Task management software (i.e. HelpScout, Intercom, HubSpot, Asana, etc.).
- Experience in data analytics with Google and Facebook products, and platforms such as HubSpot, Salesforce and Shopify is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) is a plus.
This role offers extensive and ongoing career, technical and sales training and coaching with a very competitive compensation by location with the opportunity to double your earnings in 1-3 years based on performance.
Location: We are looking for the best possible in the world, regardless of location. So, this position is an opportunity to work in a high-growth company with a flexible schedule and location. Our team is distributed globally across several continents with concentrations of team members in Ptuj and Ljubljana, Slovenia, Boston, MA, USA and Novi Sad and Belgrade, Serbia. We do offer access to a co-working space in Ptuj, Slovenia, with a well-stocked kitchen full of cold drinks, fresh fruit, and snacks.
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Boston, 6 Liberty Square