Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive, revolutionizing the future of digital asset management through our 250+ colleagues in over 10 countries worldwide.
Gen has one purpose: to unlock the power of data for a more sustainable, efficient, and resilient world. The world is rapidly changing, and the potential of boundless data and transformative technologies brings countless challenges. And no-one is meeting these challenges quite like we are. Our customers want digital solutions that will optimize their businesses – for better performance, reliability, and improved quality of life for everyone. And that is what we do.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to work in our Software Product Development teams. You will manage the operation of the team and support best practise Agile methodology across the organisation. You will be working with several Scrum teams typically consisting of software development engineers, split across multiple geographies as well a Product Owner, Architecture Owner, and a Product Support member.
Our products solve problems and unlock data on the physical asset lifecycle. You will be working with a mix of teams who are developing our next generation software products on our Arcadis Gen platform as working with teams who are working our existing product sets. We are rapidly expanding the number and size of our product teams, which you will be instrumental in facilitating. You will help grow the knowledge and benefits of Agile methodology within our organisation going forward.
- Act as a servant leader - with a mindset of serving the scrum team
- Support and lead the implementation of scrum practice - roles, events, and artefacts
- Support and lead the team to be more self-organised and cross-functional
- Support the lead the team in understanding the user story/task life cycle (DoD, DoR)
- Support the Integration of tools (such as Jira, Confluence and Azure DevOps) into the scrum delivery and educate the team to become self-sufficient in utilizing them throughout the agile development cycle
- Be accountable for the overall effectiveness of the scrum team
- Conduct and facilitate sprint ceremonies (Daily stand up, sprint planning, sprint backlog refinement, sprint review and sprint retrospective sessions) effectively
- Facilitate the team in converting the business requirements to technical tasks
- Support the development team and the product owner in resolving impediments to ensure highest velocity
- Manage and communicate Sprint progress, ensuring the Scrum Board remains up to date
- Facilitate development team in the creation of appropriate test data, execution of test cases and updating of support documentation
- Protect the team from distractions to ensure their delivery is not impacted and the sprint goal is achieved
- Co-ordinate with the product owner to understand the product vision and support the team in fulfilling this vision
- Guide the product owner in breaking down the high-level requirements to valuable backlog items (Epics, user stories and tasks).
- Support the product owner in prioritizing the backlog items (MVP/Non-MVP) to maximize value
- Help the team to achieve better estimation and planning practises in order to facilitate more precise product roadmap commitments
- Complete monthly status reports and team improvements (technical and functional) and communicate to management
- Mastering and Promoting Agile Principles
- Coach, educate and support the scrum team in implementing the basic principles of various agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban and SAFe)
- Guide the organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum processes; help the team assess their Scrum maturity and how to achieve higher levels of maturity
- Co-ordinate with the other scrum masters across the organization to share, discuss and implement the best practices
- Support the organization to develop the solution seamlessly using continuous integration
What You Bring
- Solid Agile skills capability and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency, and servant leadership
- Knowledge of Agile approaches and techniques – Kanban, Scrum, SAFe
- Experience of working with Product Owners and Architecture owners of varying experience
- Experience working with Software Development Engineers who utilise Microsoft and Java based languages and technologies
- Some Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence) is preferred but not essential
- Some Knowledge of Microsoft tools (Azure DevOps) is preferred but not essential
- Awareness of Asset Management is beneficial by not essential
- Awareness of Asset Performance Management is beneficial by not essential
- Awareness of Analytics is beneficial by not essential
Essential Experience & Capabilities
- 3+ Years’ Experience in Scrum
- Relevant Agile Qualification e.g. SCM, PSM, SAFe
- Some Agile Product Development and Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Agile Tooling experience
- Excellent Communication
- Stakeholder Management
Beneficial Not Essential
- Project Management experience
- Learning design and development
- People Performance Management
- Knowledge Management
- Asset Management knowledge
- Asset Performance Management knowledge
- Analytics knowledge
- An environment with the innovative culture and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, but with the security of a new venture backed by a large publicly listed company
- A commitment to the principles of flexible working to enable you to have your ideal work-life integration
- A series of Healthy Working Practices across Gen, including Thinking Thursdays, a day dedicated each week to minimising meetings and maximising opportunities to reduce the cognitive load
- Social events (virtual for the time-being) and gratitude programmes, including vouchers on your birthday
And of course,
- Compensation and performance incentive schemes which reward superior delivery.
- Leading healthcare, financial and wellbeing benefits, with support for learning and professional development.
Want to Know More?
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis Gen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role. All employment is based on merit and business need.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu