Senior Associate / Associate, Risk Consulting (Accounting Advisory)
KPMG Serbia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and innovate as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, drive disruption and enable growth. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Why now and why us?
Join KPMG’s fast-growing Risk Consulting team,focused on Accounting Advisory, as an associate/senior associate, based on your level of experience.
The Risk Consulting (Accounting Advisory) team comprises a group of dedicated professionals, with a collaborative working environment that leverages the strengths of the members, who are committed to providing the best possible service to our clients. We are currently looking for individuals who are passionate about using their technical accounting, financial reporting and project management skills in a fast-paced cross functional environment.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
The successful candidate needs to be malleable and interested in doing ‘a different thing every day’ supporting a large range of functions and individuals. Being a quick learner with an aptitude towards technical accounting and have the organizational skills are also key. Audit experience or technical accounting experience in industry is beneficial. This position combines commercial experience and regulatory knowledge, with your capability in financial accounting to contribute to outcomes related to new policies; business cases; financial reporting; finance process improvement, budgeting, costing, major transactions.
Day to day you will:
You will lend your knowledge and experience to various advisory engagements:
- Assist with evaluating the requirements of accounting, reporting and disclosure standards, preparing supporting analyses, including drafting reports and presentations.
- Assist in the development of fit-for-purpose solutions through obtaining understanding of clients’ preferences and business constraints.
- Work with broader KPMG advisory teams including Management Consulting, Risk Consulting and Deal Advisory, in support of process/control redesign and advising on other business implications to your clients when assessing the impact of accounting change.
What you'll bring to our team:
- A degree in accounting and/or another appropriate academic major
- ACCA or similar certification (or interest for one) is considered as advantage
- 2 – 6 years of working experience preferably gathered in accounting or finance in industry, audit or consulting is an advantage
- Experience with, or a strong interest in, non-audit projects including technical accounting (IFRS and local GAAP), financial analysis and reporting, process improvements and various other advisory engagements.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to build strong client relationships and cross-service line networks
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable within a team environment
- A high level of self motivation, energy and drive with the ability to manage and meet work demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication (in Serbian and English)
KPMG International je globalna mreža firmi koje se bave pružanjem usluga revizije, poreskog i finansijskog savetovanja. Sa više od 207.000 zaposlenih širom sveta, firme članice KPMG-a pružaju usluge u 153 zemlje.KPMG d.o.o. Beograd osnovan je u avgustu 1996. godine, dok je kancelarija u Podgorici osnovana 2001. godine, najpre kao poslovna jedinica, a od 2006. godine posluje nezavisno pod nazivom KPMG d.o.o. Podgorica. KPMG A.A.S. d.o.o. je osnovano 2010. godine kako bismo klijentima…Više o poslodavcu