Hiring entity: Representative Office of DAI Global LLC in Belgrade
Reports to: Senior Principal Database Administrator
Job Title: Senior Azure and on-prem SQL DBA
Department: Information Technology
Work Location: Serbia
This position will develop and support DAI’s Azure and on-prem SQL Server database infrastructure for new data initiatives involving database design, development, automation, and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities: SQL Server and Azure Administration (On-prem and Azure) - 70%
SQL server database administration and management. This includes but not limited to:
- Database setup & database security administration
- Administer logins & database users
- Generate SQL audit reports
- Configure alerts
- Manage firewalls rules
- Manage backup/restore
- Database encryption
- Develop complex queries, stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions
- Performance tuning of T-SQL queries
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Manage and reduce costs
- Manage elastic pools
- Create ETL/ELT jobs Azure Data Factory V2, databricks and SSIS
- Manage SSIS packages, SQL agent, proxy accounts, agent scheduled jobs
- Manage SSAS MDX and Tabular instances
- Setup dev/test environment for developers and integrate with DevOps and setup automated pipelines
- Assist developers with support requests and issues and recommend best practices.
Secondary Responsibilities - 30%
Support and troubleshoot on-prem legacy apps including:
- IIS and azure web apps
- Power Platform including Power BI, Power Apps, Flow
- Manage office 365 licenses and feature management
- Support and troubleshoot O365 applications and Dynamics365, PowerApps, Power Platform, Enterprise data gateways, Microsoft Azure subscriptions.
- Other responsibilities as needed (server maintenance, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 7+ years of experience with administering SQL servers (may be combined for on-prem SQL and Azure SQL), Azure services, building and implementing BI solutions with Azure data lake, Data lake Analytics, Databricks, with MDX and DAX skills with multidimensional and tabular models
- Experience with dimensional modeling and creating Star / Snowflake schemas
- Strong SQL DBA and troubleshooting skills
- Strong SQL Server knowledge across multiple versions including Azure SQL
- Understanding of database tuning and troubleshooting
- Must be proficient with end-to-end Azure SQL databases, Azure managed instances and On-prem
- Must have solid knowledge and expertise on Azure services. This includes creating, configuring and the administration of: Azure Data lake Gen2, storage accounts and containers, folder security; Data lake analytics, building data models for curated data scenarios; Azure functions; Application registrations, clients, certificates, secrets; Azure Key vaults, access policies, secret management; Azure Databricks, workspaces, Python and Scala scripts; Managed identities; Azure roles, Azure Active Directory and DevOps.
- Solid experience with SSIS BIDS/SQL server data tools and data security best practices
- Proficient with writing PowerShell, Python or other scripting languages for automating different tasks.
- Experience with Design and Development of OLAP and BI solutions that include development and the administration of:
- Azure analysis services and Azure SQL data warehouse, Cubes and Models
- MDX multi-dimensional models and DAX for PowerPivot and Tabular models for use in Power BI reports.
- Develop Star and Snowflake schemas
- Creating ETL and ELT jobs in ADF and SSIS, Databricks etc.
- Nice to have: .net developer experience and knowledge of different frameworks.
- Able to work in different time zones if needed to support offshore teams and projects located in different countries and time zones
DAI/USAID Agribusiness Project Serbia
- Srbija, Beograd, Humska 3
- PIB: 102433538
- Matični broj: 29003700