Are you looking to be part of a proven, funded pioneering start-up that is re-defining the fashion, apparel, and footwear industry? Is it important for you to be part of the next big global tech company that is revolutionizing one of the most pollutive industries in the world through promoting sustainable production practices? Material Exchange is the global virtual Marketplace where data meets innovation in a revolutionary technology platform to transform the materials sourcing process and simplify complex relationships between footwear and apparel brands and material suppliers. Making such a big vision happen can only happen with great talent and we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers to join our growing international team of industry disruptors. If this is you, we should talk!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release. Your responsibilities include gathering system and user requirements, building modules and testing features before release. If you have hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies and are ready to lead our junior developers, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
More about what you will be doing:
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing and other related activities in accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs and project standards
- Follow the existing company, team and project processes and procedures and suggest how to improve them
- Work with project manager and quality assurance representative to estimate issue resolution or package implementation efforts
- Write technical design specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Perform unit and integration testing of an application and identify, troubleshoot and solve application code related issues
What you bring:
- 4+ years of work experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language
- Experience using RDBS: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres etc.
- Experience with testing using JUnit and Mockito or similar tools
- Experience working with RESTful services
- Knowledge of Maven
- Effective use of the Git source control system including branching, merging and pull requests
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Deep usage of Container Concepts (e.g. Docker tool)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) will be considered as a plus
- Experience with Cloud environments will be considered as a plus
- Experience with Scrum methodology
- Readiness to share your knowledge with less experienced colleagues, but also to learn new concepts and software technologies as needs arise
- Passion about clean code, enjoy pair-programming, TDD, & code reviews
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in written communication
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Review and estimation of user stories in an agile process
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to join a fast-growing international start-up that is on the leading edge of innovation in materials sourcing. We support our employees with competitive compensation, as well as flexible working hours and remote working capabilities.
We embrace diversity and inclusion, respect and value differences, and appreciate diverse life experiences. We know when people from different backgrounds and points of view work together, we can create significant change and value – for our customers, partners, employees and for the planet.
Interested? Please send us your CV! We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
- Srbija, Subotica, Boze Sarcevica 19
- PIB: 111560436
- Matični broj: 21502219